Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lmgch

please critique appliance list

lmgch
9 years ago

hello there

i've posted a few times with admittedly hurried questions, and have gotten very good help thus far. i'm doing my best to review the forum posts and back-search, but i do appreciate the assistance of experts on here because i'm short on time chasing after little kids all day.

anyway, we got our quote from the local appliance store this afternoon - had a first appt with them last Fri. the saleswoman was very nice, and/but very decisive in her recommendations.

here's the list she's steering us toward. i'd greatly appreciate any thoughts - good or bad - as well as suggestions for issues to consider, or other brands to consider

- subzero 48" panel ready (B148s/0) [this is sort of the stake in the ground of the kitchen - my husband is dead-set on a subzero and wants a 48" side by side.]
- wolf 36" induction cooktop unframed (CTB61U) - because of the subzero, the saleswoman is suggesting we go with the wolf cooktop. she said she recos either the GE monogram or the wolf, but would go wolf in this case because we can qualify for a rebate if we purchase multiple SZ/wolf appliances
- wolf single 30 wall oven (SO30TES/74)
- wolf combi/steam oven 30" (CSO30TES) i want/need two ovens. rather than getting two "plain" wall ovens, i'm intrigued by the additive features of either a speed oven or the steam oven. saleswoman is pretty adamant that she feels the steam oven offers more utility. i have read here that the miele might be a better choice - thoughts on this? i do like the idea of having a broiler option within that oven. assuming i go miele on a steam, than i would go miele on the other wall oven too, right?
- Miele panel DW (G5675SCVI) - she recommended this, the Bosch and/or the KA. I preferred the racks in this one
- F+P panel ready dish drawer (DD34517)
- 24" marvel beverage (6Garmbd) - i'm very concerned about this. have read lots of complaints about noise on here. any recent marvel purchasers who are happy? i'm also not sold on wanting/needing a 24". I am a bit concerned that between the sink and dish drawer and beverage fridge, i'm going to lose pretty much all space in my island. was thinking 15" would be adequate, but saleswoman says that 24" is more common, and therefore more often improved by manufacturers, etc.

assuming we go all wolf, we would get a rebate of about $1200.

but i'm not sold on going all wolf just for a rebate. would really love any thoughts that you all could share. thank you so much.

Comments (3)