Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shannonaz

Miele DW auto open on Diamond only?

shannonaz
11 years ago

Hi guys,

I am once again researching Miele dishwashers since I am putting two of them in my new kitchen. I'm out of town and can't remember the name of my current Miele but it is 6 years old and has the water softener and delay start so it is akin the dimension, it might be the Optima. Anyway, several posts on GW talk about the auto-open on Dimension Plus but the Miele website only shows the auto-open on the Diamond. The price difference on AJ Madison and ABT (just for comparison) is huge. Auto-open would work perfectly with the way I use my DW-delay to run in the middle of the night, unloaded first thing in the am- but I am not sure I want to spend 500 or more bucks for that.

Does the current Dimension Plus have auto-open despite not showing it on the Miele site?

Okay, I read through the manuals! The Dimension Plus does open the door at the end of the cycle for improved drying; it is referred to as "drying plus."

The manual of the Diamond uses the same language as the Dimension Plus and refers to the door opening as "drying plus"

The description of the Diamond specifies Auto Open Drying as a special feature that opens the door and allows for air circulation, the Dimension Plus does not, yet the manual information seems the same for both of them. Is there any difference between these two features? What am I missing?

Comments (10)