Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ocscott

Robotic Vacuums

ocscott
9 years ago

Hi Everyone! I posted this under the cleaning forum as well but thought I may get more responses here. Anyway, I've had a Roomba in the past when I lived in a townhouse. It did a great job minimizing the amount of dog hair all over the house and it was relatively easy to confine Roomba to various rooms as they were much smaller. In my current house, I have about 4,000 sq. ft of wide open terrain. I tried my old Roomba 530 and when I could keep it confined to the bedroom it was fine. However, when I'm doing the main floor it's too open and the lighthouses can't keep "her" in just one or two rooms.
So my question is....has Roomba come out with a model that works like Neato in that it will return to its base when low,recharge, and then finish up where it left off before? I tried a Neato one time from Costco in my new house when we first moved in and it tried climbing my table legs, got stuck under my ottoman, etc. Has technology improved in the last two years? I'm just looking for something I can set to run while we're at work instead of having to break out the central vac Hide a Hose multiple times a week. Thanks for any words of wisdom!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks