Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Returning a Fridge

Posted by shyv (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 14, 12 at 18:36

I bought a fridge from a store for about 7000$. The one that was delivered to us is not the same as the one we looked at the floor. For e.g this one is not stainless steel, and all three doors (a french style with 2 side doors & a bottom door) have sharp edges which cuts people deep if one is not very careful. We actually ended up going to an ER because of this Fridge.
I want to return it. But store is asking for 25% restocking fee (for a defective product they delivered to me). I think this is not fair. Can I sue them? Do I stand a chance?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Returning a Fridge

What is the model number of the floor sample. Is that the same as is on your sales agreement? Take pictures. If a credit card was invoved contact customer service for your card to dispoute the charge.

o
RE: Returning a Fridge

Agree. And always remember - to check the appliance BEFORE it enters your house. We had to have 3 deliveries of our Bosch subcompact washer/dryer - since they were damaged. A third party picks them up from Bosch and delivers them to the store warehouse. A different third party delivers them - tossed on the truck along with the discarded appliances being picking up, so lots of jostling. I finally checked with Bosch and they told me it was a common problem and that under no circumstances should I accept delivery or it would become a "repair" problem. They told me they have a person check each item before it leaves Bosch. As it happens, I knew a woman whose husband was an executive at the appliance store in question - and the same thing happened to them. Only difference was that her husband was able to go to the warehouse and supervise his washer. I can't see a restocking fee being applicable if they sent the wrong fridge - so hopefully the fridge info is on your bill. Otherwise you have a problem. I doubt suing would help if you do not have proof.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here