Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
small refrigerator uses 0.9 amps?

Posted by sharonskips (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 14, 14 at 18:18

I bought a camper. It came with an older Sanyo 3.6 cubic foot refrigerator. I can't find a manual or specs for it on the Internet.
Label contains the following:
Model SR361W
Serial#: 000104073
Power Supply 120 volts 60hz
Input Current 0.9amp
"Verified Energy Performance"

Does this mean it uses .9 amps while compressor is running? Any way to know how many amps it uses at start up? Any way to find date of manufacture from model/serial # ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: small refrigerator uses 0.9 amps?

Come on over to the RV Forums if you need additional help.

Here is a link that might be useful: RV Forum

o

Well that's probably when it's running. There is another measurement call FLRA - full locked rotar amps - that's when it is starting. I'd guess FLRA would be 1.8 amps.

o

On a related note, I'd be sure to check how well it works (probe thermometer or thermapen) once it's up and running. Some of the older fridges don't work all that well and can be unsafe for meat and other perishables. We converted our fridge to additional storage and use a YETI cooler in our camper van. The YETI is awesome - it will keep food cold for days and days.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here