Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
etherealsunshine5

Bosch sale at Lowe's + moving coupon = dishwasher SHE55R56UC $607

etherealsunshine5
11 years ago

Just wanted to share a deal for anyone in the market for a nice mid-level Bosch dishwasher.

I've been researching dishwashers for a few weeks and was pretty sure I wanted a Bosch. I ended up choosing the SHE55R5 model in black (6) built-in (UC). This model retails for $799.99 and price searches come up with nothing under the $700 mark. However, Bosch funds rebates and volume discounts for many of its retailers, such as Lowe's. One such sale is going on through tomorrow on select Bosch dishwasher models, including this one. The sale price for the SHE55R5 in black (or white) is $674.10, just over 15% off retail price.

By requesting a moving discount coupon through Lowe's website (it takes from a few hours to a few days to receive the e-mail, so get on it!), I got a 10% off coupon to use on "ANY" purchase for my "new home". I'm not moving, but they don't know that, and I am newifying my home, soooo... It says on the coupon that it can't be used with other discounts, so I wasn't sure if it would work. I purchased the dishwasher online this morning and to my surprise, the coupon was applied, taking another $67.41 off the pre-tax subtotal! Some post offices still have change of address packets with 10% off coupons for Lowe's in them also if your e-mail doesn't come through quickly.

The pre-tax total on our new dishwasher was $606.69, saving us about $75 more. I couldn't be happier, as I tried the coupon last week when I got it and the code wasn't recognized, but I had a later checkout with other items that returned an error, so I'm guessing that's why.

I apologize for posting this so close to the end of the sale, but I still wanted to share if anyone else is ready to pull the trigger on a new Bosch dishwasher :)

I almost regret not stepping up to the SHE55M16UC, which is a Consumer Reports recommended buy/top 10 (a couple missing features and the controls on the face steered me back to the SHE55R5), now that I know I can get it for almost 25% off with free delivery to my doorstep ($687.69 pre-tax on a machine that retails at $899.99). Oh, yeah--FREE DELIVERY, too!

I suppose with a Lowes card, you might be able to stack the 5% off, too, but I'm not sure how that works and I don't want a Lowes card.

Last week, I was feeling guilty about selecting such a pricy dishwasher as I walked past the (plastic tub) dishwashers on sale for $300-400 at our local Menard's. I had to reassure myself that more than twice the price was worth the build quality. Now I'm very happy with our purchase with that extra $75 off for a few clicks of the mouse.

I hope someone else gets to take advantage of my bargain hunting!!

Comments (2)