Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
refrigeratorreplacer_gw

Frigidaire/Electrolux all fridge/all freezer - performance data

I am curious if anyone knows whether there exists any specific data on timing and frequency of service calls requested by owners of the Electrolux and/or Frigidaire all refrigerator and all freezer columns? I know some people report problems in forums like this, but I would love actual data (knowing that there is surely a bias towards posting only when you have problems, because if you don't have any, you are not on here looking for answers and recos!).

I am operating on the premise that if a freestanding fridge breaks within 5 years, experts reco that you fix it, but if older then replace it. And for built-ins, the inflection point is said to be 8 years. So for ex if I discovered that there is a high chance that I would have 5 carefree years with the Elecs (even if I had to replace the set immediately thereafter), then I feel like they are worth it, given the enormous price differential between this option and any built-in/integrated option. Or in the converse, if it were known to be the case that 75% of owners of these need a service call within the first year, then I'm prob not excited about the cost savings anymore.

Comments (5)