Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Instant hot with Cold filtered water

Posted by p.ball2 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 2, 12 at 17:45

I have searched for old posts and only find ones that discuss instant hot. I was wondering if anyone has a hot and cold dispenser with the filtered water feature.

We are redoing our kitchen and am forgoing the filtered water and ice on the door dispenser. We will have an icemaker but since I do not want to have to buy water bottles I am looking into the filtered water dispensers. I figure why not get hot and cold if they offer it and it is a good system.

Hoping for some reviews by someone who has one

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Instant hot with Cold filtered water

i bought a filter, and an IHW.

o

Do you like it?

o

I did a system with an Instant Hot (IH) and Reverse Osmosis (RO) into a single faucet. The RO also feeds the freezer for the ice maker. The water is not chilled, but at room temperature. It's only a minor inconvenience, because in order to have cold water you have to either use ice or store a pitcher in the fridge. I had originally considered a water chiller too, but after doing a little research, I found that not many recommend chilled and hot into the same faucet. I think one of the few systems available was from Everpure or something like that. But it was expensive.

My system is set up to flow like this:
Cold Pipe->RO->Faucet Cold Line->IH->Faucet Hot Line

The faucet is vented and has a third line out so it feeds the IH, instead of the RO feeding the IH.

After living with my system for almost a year now, I don't have any real complaints. I've only run out of IH and RO water once. That was the first time I entertained during the holidays. I got cute and made tea with the IH while also making coffee with the RO. This was also after serving drinking water from the RO throughout the party. RO takes a few hours to replenish and the IH shouldn't be run on empty. So I had to shut off the IH. Since then, whenever I entertain, I just use a kettle to boil water for tea. Then the IH to top-off or for other cooking needs.

I got my IH and RO from Costco and the faucet is a Tomlinson that it designed for RO and IH.

Quick & Hot from Costco:
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?Prodid=11226343

RO from Costco:
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=10034720

Tomlinson Faucet:
http://www.uswatersystems.com/shop/products/Tomlinson-Hot%7B47%7DCold-Contemporary-Reverse-Osmosis-Faucet.html

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here