Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
homecookaustin

Quiet under counter beverage refrigerator center

HomeCookAustin
10 years ago

For my remodel I picked up a used GE profile stainless beverage center with a glass door.

The problem is this thing is loud. Not loud because it is broken, just loud enough that it is very present when the home is otherwise quiet. Much louder than a my full size LG refrigerator.

Is there something I can replace it with that is actually really quiet? Otherwise I think its going to get replaced with a set of drawers....

I don't want to spend as much as a good full size fridge either.... not worth it to me. By that I mean > $1k.

Comments (4)

• deeageaux
    10 years ago

There is nothing significantly less noisy for under $1k.

Built-in quiet beverage centers start at Liebherr for ~$1500

The rest are above $2k.

Or Perlick factory seconds.

These are not used but scratch'n dent models sometimes can be found for a bit under $1500.

Here is a link that might be useful: Perlick 2nds

• akcorcoran
    10 years ago

We love our Electrolux Beverage Center - very quiet, nice temperature controls (you pick the exact temp,) Luxury-Glide shelves and LED lighting

It's not under $1K but I you can sometimes get it at Sears Outlet - or maybe even if you have coupons online for less. It's Labor Day weekend too - perhaps some of the big box stores have sales.

Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Electrolux Beverage Center

• Ellen1234
    10 years ago

I would avoid getting Danby.

We got one in Dec and it started making this really loud noise when the compressor turned off. The service guy/warranty center basically said to replace it (vs fix it).

The store was wiling to let me pick a different one (pay more if needed), but I couldn't find one that had as much room for the cost, so I gave it another try. Well, this one makes a similar noise, although not quite as long.... at this point, I've decided to just keep it, but may have service come out again.

Electrolux was one of my other options.....

• KimmeyK
    9 years ago

We had a new SubZero undercounter beverage fridge (also glass front like yours) installed last week and that thing is driving me INSANE with the racket. Ugh! Not under 1K but a little over 2K. Just mentioning in case you get info that leads you to believe paying more might make a difference. Nope! In our case it did not.

We have a newer SubZero regular fridge too and that isn't noisy at all...having their regular sized refrigerator/freezer, which is so nice, quiet, just overall awesome, is why we thought getting their undercounter beverage center would be a good idea. Figuring it would be less noisy was the #1, top reason too. I will say it again: wow, were we wrong on that account!

So disappointing as unless I turn on the TV and blast it, the noise of the new SZ beverage center is just so irritating. And loud. Real loud. Not the atmosphere I was hoping for in my kitchen and common area...The only good news is that the unit didn't go into a bedroom. Thank goodness for small favors I guess!!

*acorcoran* the Electrolux sounds great! So envious!! I will note that brand and model in case the SZ gets "injured" some evening - lol. I don't know how you would be able to tell about noise otherwise without personal recommendations of actual owners. I looked at all varieties in the showrooms and didn't notice excessive noise from the SZ then. Thanks for mentioning the name of a brand that does do well with the noise control.

To the OP: best wishes and do I ever understand exactly what you are describing!!! I hope you find a good alternative!! Good luck and I mean that sincerely.