Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cluelessincolorado

cross post from kitchens - faber hood

cluelessincolorado
12 years ago

I am seriously considering the Synthesis hood by Faber, but cannot find reviews on it. Does anyone have this particular hood, or even reviews on Faber hoods in general. Thanks in advance!

Comments (9)

• homechef
    12 years ago

I have a Faber Inca Pro insert in a custom hood. Mine is 1100 cfm and on high it's fairly loud, but it does most of the work on the lowest setting. It's quite powerful, has halogen lights are the filters can be put into the dishwasher. Overall, I'm happy with it.

• hellonasty
    12 years ago

I have the Faber STILO hood. FYI, on the Faber site it appears the STILO has a digital control level readout on the front. Mine does not, it just has buttons, no digital readout. Maybe they changed it to digital??

I really like the Faber Stilo hood a lot. It's a gorgeous and sturdy looking hood. The baffles come off very easily and you just pop them in the DW to wash them.

I turn the hood on no matter what I'm cooking or baking. Even if it's just to boil water. Level's 1 and 2 are all I ever need. Level 1 is pretty quiet... it starts to get a little loud on 2, and 3 is downright loud. BUT, this thing sucks all the smoke and grease out of the house like a dream!! With the hood OFF, when I bake, the 5" riser on the Wolf (AG) range brings the heat from the oven up and creates condensation on the glass backsplash. When I turn the hood on it quickly dried the glass completely. That's how I know this thing definitely works :)

I recommend it.

• cluelessincolorado
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I didn't see these responses until tonight - thank you! Just keep coming back to this brand and since I am marking up the drywall behind the range at an alarming rate, I need to decide soon. Thanks again!

• hellonasty
    12 years ago

yw, can't wait to see what you went with!

• cluelessincolorado
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Love your kitchen hellonasty! I'm about to order the Faber - gulp!

• chaparral
    12 years ago

Currently deciding between the Faber Stilo, Zephyr Roma, and Zephyr Anzio to go with a 36" all gas Bertazzoni... Actually I prefer the controls without the late 80's era red LED. The Zephyr's are about $300 less, same CFM. Faber has one more light and a couple other fan modes. At least I can tell the GC to run 6" ducting. I like Zephyr's manual where it describes the tradeoffs of bends / etc. and total duct run. Great pre-install document.

• wizard_chef
    11 years ago

Know this is an old post, but yes, I have a Faber hood with one of their inserts. The fan was noisy from the get-go and instead of getting a service call, I lived with it. Big mistake. The sound got so loud I finally took the blower out myself. There was apparently a manufacturing flaw in the blower motor, either a bad bearing or an incorrectly installed set of bearings in the motor. At any rate, now 1 1/2 years after installation, yes, out of warranty, I am having to locate and install a new motor.

The hood itself if fine. Like the insert and the dishwasher proof grease filters, but I don't like this bad motor. I cannot in good conscience recommend the Faber hood. Parts are hard to find and even in Dallas, TX, I am having trouble locating parts for the Faber, so consider that when you buy.

• pvguag
    7 years ago

I know this is an old thread, but we have the Faber Synthesis 36SS. Got it during remodel in 2005. Works great. Vented to outside.

But one of the lights doesn't work (after 11 years) and I believe the problem is the lampholder, part # 133.0052.517. Having a devil of a time locating anyone who sells parts, or at least the lamp holder.