Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hurom Slow Juicer / Juicer recommendations?

Posted by oldbat2be (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 19, 12 at 17:02

Hi... does anyone have this and if so, what do you think of it? I have a few Williams Sonoma gift cards, so would prefer to buy one from them, and the kids have been asking for a juicer for a while...

Other recommendations? Thanks, oldbat2be

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hurom Slow Juicer / Juicer recommendations?

Hi Oldbat
There is a review of this on naturalnews.com. This is the one I will buy since it comes highly recommended by Mike Adams(he uses many juicers)I respect his opinion on many matters. I like the fact that it extracted the juice w/o shredding, but it will give you more pulp than other juicers.

o

Thanks eatrealfood. The first article I read had way too many exclamation points for my comfort level, but I did like this one, tips on using the juicer.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tips on how to use hurom juicer

o

I bought one and returned it to the store before using it. I also have a Champion (a single masticator type), a Greenstar (a twin gear type), an Acme (a centrifugal type), and a cheap GE that is similar to the Jack LaLane juicers. I returned the Hurom because the instructions said you have to chop up things like carrots, celery, beets, etc. before they can go in the juicer. Also, the feed tube is very small. I bought the Hurom specifically because it claims to be very good at juicing greens. But considering the time I'd spend chopping stuff and cleaning up, I think the Greenstar is still best for things like spinach and kale. All in all, too much time and work compared to my other (very old and reliable) juicers. Just my 2 cents.
-hald

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here