Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Frigidaire kitchen appliances?

Posted by Nannajoe (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 19, 11 at 16:49

We shopped for a new range and refrigerator at 4 different locations, and chose "what seemed to be" a best buy in Frigidaire French Door refrigerator (no water ice in door) and an electric range w/convection oven combo. They're the Gallery version with the stainless steel finish that doesn't get fingerprints easily. They look really high end, but...when we got home I began researching the brand as we have never purchased Frigidaire before.
We have normally used GE and Whirlpool, but we preferred the looks and price of the Frigidaire. I read several poor reviews on the Whirlpool so we decided to avoid them. Now I'm fretting, thinking we should make a change before they're delivered on Monday.
Have any of you had good-bad experiences with the newer models from Frigidaire? What are your thoughts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Frigidaire kitchen appliances?

We just got a Frigidaire Gallery top freezer and are having an issue with the leverage. Called Frigidaire and they suggested getting "furniture shoes?" to keep it from sliding. Think we may have to send it back. The fun never ends in this house

o

these appliances are not made like they used to be. and many MANY are now consolidated with comapnies owning several brands.

You cannot judge by former or even mid recent brand reliability. You are much better off looking at issues with a given model line as opposed to maker. Some makers for example are known to have slightly better thought out, engineered and built washing machines but less happy buyers of dishwashers or ranges. A maker may have tow or three year similar models that work very well but the next set of three up or down in price by the same maker may have specific expensive issues.

o

We are seriously considering the Frigidaire Gallery appliances, too, for the same reasons. I know you asked this question months ago, but I am curious to know about your (and others') experiences with this line. I like the counter depth fridge w/ freezer on the bottom and the slide in range w/ convection oven. Also need a DW and Microwave....and don't know if we should spring for an extended warranty or buy a better brand (GE Profile? Samsung???) and skip the warranty? Love the look of Fridgidaire (with the fingerprint resistant SS-look), but....just not convinced of the quality!???? Would appreciate feedback from others as to which appliances they make reasonably well....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here