Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
writersblock_gw

Samsung FlexDuo ovens--anyone know anything?

We're looking for a lower end slide-in range for renovating a townhouse. I'm quite taken with the look of the new Samsung radiant slide-ins (I know, but maybe the one after this can be induction), but I was wondering if it would be worth the extra $350 to go with the DuoFlex oven, which is basically a single oven with a divider that lets you set two different temperature zones.

I totally see that for someone who regularly needs both ovens it's not a good idea (for one thing, what happens to the angel food cake when you have to open the door to baste the roast below it), but for us, since we were thinking of getting a despised OTR convection micro and using that as the main oven since we don't need a big oven very often, I was wondering if just using the top part with the divider in for every-day use would be more efficient than heating the whole cavity. (We can't vent out, and the ventahood ARS is out of budget) which is why we were resigned to OTR, but this would let us go to a small countertop micro.

The higher priced range also gets you a triple sized rather than double sized burner and a warming drawer, but those are not compelling to me.

Has anyone heard anything about how well this oven system works? I confess to some doubts about samsung ever since I owned one of their countertop microwaves that evidently became possessed by demons and took to turning itself on in the middle of the night and shrieking.

At $1650, there's no other double oven slide in for less than about a thousand dollars more.

Here is a link that might be useful: samsung with flexduo

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County