Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
refrigerator which FD bottom freezer w/o thru the door dispenser

Posted by Teju123 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 29, 13 at 16:23

I have looked at CR ratings and searched this forum and I cannot just make up my mind. I have hit a dead end so can someone help me narrow down to a few choices? The space have is 36.5 inches wide and 26.25 deep but I am not going for cabinet/counter depth since we need as much space we we can get for the price.

And price-wise I'd like to keep it under 2K if possible, lower the better(just bought the house lots of expenses already). I want to avoid the through the door dispenser which are repair prone and reduce usable space. I am looking for SS finish. Recommendations please?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: refrigerator which FD bottom freezer w/o thru the door dispen

Samsung RF260BEAESR 25.5 cu ft for $1439

Here is a link that might be useful: Samsung RF260BEAESR

o

Or Samsung RFG293HARS 29 cu ft for $1545

I take it you have read it before

JD Power Samsung top FD fridge last 6 years.

Here is a link that might be useful: Samsung RFG293HARS

o

Thanks Deeageaux. Any idea what the differences are between RF260BEAESR and RF261BEAESR (CR recommended)? Is the difference that RF260BEAESR not have an internal water dispenser?

Also, I was looking at Samsung RF261BIAESR but look slike its not available anywhere. It has an internal water dispenser.

o

RF261BIAESR is $1529.

Yeah $90 for the internal water dispenser.

Not sure if this one recommended by CR.

Here is a link that might be useful: RF261BIAESR

o

I am in the market for a similar refrigerator, and am also considering the Samsung. I love it, but the appliance guys in two different stores were scaring me with the difficulty of repairs on Samsungs. They said that Samsung has no US repair facilities and that they use third party repair guys. Deeageaux, is this really something I need to worry about? I've been a lurker for a while and you always have such thoughtful appliance advice.

Thanks!
Liz

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here