Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! DW drained water all over floor

Posted by patty0315 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 7, 12 at 16:13

Any DW techies out there? Last night I turned on my DW, heard it fill and shortly after there was a loud bang. I ran over to investigate, all the cycle lights on the door were off, DW was off and all the water was on my floor.

Top of the line, KA, 14 months old. Has been working perfectly since day one and I love it. I've called the man to come out Thursday, but was wondering what I should be prepared for.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! DW drained water all over floor

I have a freind with the same history. Damaged the flooring and the ceiling below. After the second time he went with a different brand. I can recommend Miele.

o

the drain hose popped off my friend's. Ruined the wood floor.

o

I think you might want to consider pulling the DW out before the repairman arrives and get any water mopped up.

It could be as simple as the drain hose falling off.

o

Technician just left- it was the Sump pump. I learned a lesson about not renewing a Warranty (will never let a warranty lapse again), but the tech called KA and they are picking up the cost of the part since this is a very unusual occurence in an almost brand new DW.

o

RE: not renewing warranty.
Having a warranty does not necessarily (or perhaps ever) get you faster service. You might also consider how many other appliances you have that have not needed service and compare the total cost of those warranties against the cost of this (plus any other) repair.

It is very nice to hear that ka picked up the pump cost.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here