Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Electrolux Slide In Range vs cooktop plus walloven

Posted by elizamamma (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 8, 13 at 16:07

Hi everyone,
I'm considering the Electrolux Wave-Touch Series EW30IS65JS which is an induction range which has a full size plus a small lower oven. Anyone have experience with it? I've read mixed reviews of the lower oven.

The other alternative is an induction cooktop (and maybe 36" to get the extra space) plus a wall oven.

Which would you choose? Space isn't really an issue.

Thank you!
Liz

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Electrolux Slide In Range vs cooktop plus walloven

If you have the space and budget - I would definitely go with the cooktop and wall oven.
I love not having to broil myself while using the cooktop - plus I don't have to crawl on my knees to get into the oven!

o

I have the slide-in Electrolux induction range. I use the second oven to hold muffin tins. Because my kitchen is small, my second oven is a Breville toaster oven on a butcher block stand. There's no place for a wall oven!

o

There are lots of threads about the wall oven vs. range debate. I'll link one below. It's really a matter of personal preference and how your kitchen space works.

I chose a double wall oven because I prefer to be able to look in the oven at eye level. Even my lower oven is higher than a range oven. Like a2, I find it more comfortable to cook without the hot oven right there in front of me. Also, I like having a utensil drawer right under the cooktop, as well as the pot and pan drawers below.

On the plus side for a range, the oven is under the hood, so you get better ventilation.

There's also the question of double oven vs two singles (if there's a problem with the controls, both ovens go out if it's a double, but one will still work if two singles.) Also to consider is range/wall oven plus steam oven or range/wall oven plus speed oven.

Here is a link that might be useful: wall oven vs. range

o

calling that lower drawer on the Elux an 'oven' is like calling a shoebox with a hairdryer an 'oven'. Don't buy the unit for this second so-called 'oven'. Get it because you want a slide-in, induction top and good single oven.

The debates about wall ovens under a counter go on and on. I personally don't care for it since it puts the oven so low to the floor. But I have back issues.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here