Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
unstillife

Bluestar owner please post photo of color choice for RNB

D F
10 years ago

With GW's community help we have finally decided on a Bluestar 30" RNB gas range. The current promotional lets us upgrade to a color for free. And so once again we are awash in a new dilema! What color for our mostly white kitchen? We would so appreciate photos from all you Bluestar owners! Any color we should avoid?? Thanks a million!

Comments (23)

• cookncarpenter
    10 years ago

With over 900 colors to choose from, that's a tough choice. I'm sure a splash of color in your white kitchen would look really good, but you know what colors would accent the rest of your house and furnishings. I considered a dark red, (RAL3011) but worried I might tire of it after while so I played it safe with black, and I'm very happy with that decision. BTW, Welcome to the Bluestar family! I am absolutely loving the range after four months of good hard use...

• D F
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you @ctycdm - love the black as well... Marcus Samulesson has a black bluestar in his home kitchen, if I could only cook like him... Good to hear you are so happy with the range.

• willtv
    10 years ago

Our kitchen is black & white.
    So for us black was a natural.

You will love your Bluestar.

• sayde
    10 years ago

Mine is bottle green.

• justmakeit
    10 years ago

I didn't have the courage to go with a full color, so I ordered a set of colored knobs. I, too, am a happy happy Bluestar owner. I love cooking on this beast :-)

• D F
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you all. Clearly the range looks good no matter the color! @justmakeit I love your style!

• otterkill
    10 years ago

Ral 4004 Bordeauxviolett

• FarmerMcLarry
    10 years ago

We ordered our 4004 Bordeauxviolett last week. I'm glad to actually get to see one! Beautiful!!

I have to agree with Pierrepont, the range looks good no matter the color!

• otterkill
    10 years ago

FarmerMcLarry...I wore the color chart out trying to make the right decision...taping colors to walls, floors, countertops and appliances. I looked at them during the day and night. And that was the color I kept coming back to. Please post a pic when you get your beauty. Justmakeit....I love your idea of the color knobs with the stainless and Sayde...the bottle green was one I considered, but i thought I'd have too much green in my kitchen as my countertops are a sage green color. They ARE all beautiful!!

• D F
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you all - we went for the Vermillion and couldn't be happier ...and quite honestly I haven't seen a bluestar color I didn't like :)

• kitchendetective
    10 years ago

Wow, very cool!

• cookncarpenter
    10 years ago

GW needs a "like" ....or in this case a" love" option :)

• justmakeit
    10 years ago

That vermillion is so incredibly appealing -- well, really, so is your entire kitchen. I love how you put everything together, small but totally functional. (I have both a bluestar and a liebherr. Clearly great minds think alike!)

• FarmerMcLarry
    10 years ago

Great colors! How are you all cleaning the colored portions of your BS? Just a damp rag? My RAL4004 got installed last week and so far, I am loving it! I just want to make sure I don't mess up the finish.

Also, ctycdm, I noticed in another thread where you posted a close up of yours and I'm curious as to what kind of feet you put under yours.

• cookncarpenter
    10 years ago

@Farmer, the feet on mine are just the ones that came on the range, they screw up and down to level. Are yours not the same?

• FarmerMcLarry
    10 years ago

They definitely look like the same legs, but do you have them in some sort of foot underneath? It looks like they're in a black footing of some sort on yours.

• cookncarpenter
    10 years ago

That black foot is a hard vinyl attached part of the leg that came with it. Maybe they've changed the design? My range was built just about a year ago. The vinyl feet are nice, I had to slide the range in and out a few times during my kitchen work, and it did not scratch the finish on the oak floors...

• FarmerMcLarry
    10 years ago

I'm definitely going to check with them. Were they attached to the legs out of the box, or were they packed separately? I'm wondering if mine had them and were possibly overlooked. Here's a shot of mine.

• carree
    10 years ago

Here is photo of my translucent mahagoney that I continue to admire. I don't think my stove legs have all black rubber feet. Will have to go back to check.

• carree
    10 years ago

Here is photo of my translucent mahagoney that I continue to admire. I don't think my stove legs have all black rubber feet. Will have to go back to check.

{{!gwi}}

• FarmerMcLarry
    10 years ago

My kitchen isn't done yet, but here is a sneak peek at my 36" RAL4004 Bordeauxviolett...

And from a lower perspective...

This post was edited by FarmerMcLarry on Wed, Dec 18, 13 at 23:54

• otterkill
    10 years ago

Love the RAL 4004 ;)