Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bluestar owner please post photo of color choice for RNB

Posted by Pierrepont (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 8, 13 at 15:41

With GW's community help we have finally decided on a Bluestar 30" RNB gas range. The current promotional lets us upgrade to a color for free. And so once again we are awash in a new dilema! What color for our mostly white kitchen? We would so appreciate photos from all you Bluestar owners! Any color we should avoid?? Thanks a million!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bluestar owner please post photo of color choice for RNB

With over 900 colors to choose from, that's a tough choice. I'm sure a splash of color in your white kitchen would look really good, but you know what colors would accent the rest of your house and furnishings. I considered a dark red, (RAL3011) but worried I might tire of it after while so I played it safe with black, and I'm very happy with that decision. BTW, Welcome to the Bluestar family! I am absolutely loving the range after four months of good hard use...

o

Thank you @ctycdm - love the black as well... Marcus Samulesson has a black bluestar in his home kitchen, if I could only cook like him... Good to hear you are so happy with the range.

o

Our kitchen is black & white.
So for us black was a natural.
 photo IMG_1423Medium.jpg
You will love your Bluestar.

o

Mine is bottle green.

o

I didn't have the courage to go with a full color, so I ordered a set of colored knobs. I, too, am a happy happy Bluestar owner. I love cooking on this beast :-)

Stove wall

o

Thank you all. Clearly the range looks good no matter the color! @justmakeit I love your style!

o

Ral 4004 Bordeauxviolett

o

We ordered our 4004 Bordeauxviolett last week. I'm glad to actually get to see one! Beautiful!!

I have to agree with Pierrepont, the range looks good no matter the color!

o

FarmerMcLarry...I wore the color chart out trying to make the right decision...taping colors to walls, floors, countertops and appliances. I looked at them during the day and night. And that was the color I kept coming back to. Please post a pic when you get your beauty. Justmakeit....I love your idea of the color knobs with the stainless and Sayde...the bottle green was one I considered, but i thought I'd have too much green in my kitchen as my countertops are a sage green color. They ARE all beautiful!!

o

Thank you all - we went for the Vermillion and couldn't be happier ...and quite honestly I haven't seen a bluestar color I didn't like :)

o

Wow, very cool!

o

GW needs a "like" ....or in this case a" love" option :)

o

That vermillion is so incredibly appealing -- well, really, so is your entire kitchen. I love how you put everything together, small but totally functional. (I have both a bluestar and a liebherr. Clearly great minds think alike!)

o

Great colors! How are you all cleaning the colored portions of your BS? Just a damp rag? My RAL4004 got installed last week and so far, I am loving it! I just want to make sure I don't mess up the finish.

Also, ctycdm, I noticed in another thread where you posted a close up of yours and I'm curious as to what kind of feet you put under yours.

o

@Farmer, the feet on mine are just the ones that came on the range, they screw up and down to level. Are yours not the same?

o

They definitely look like the same legs, but do you have them in some sort of foot underneath? It looks like they're in a black footing of some sort on yours.

o

That black foot is a hard vinyl attached part of the leg that came with it. Maybe they've changed the design? My range was built just about a year ago. The vinyl feet are nice, I had to slide the range in and out a few times during my kitchen work, and it did not scratch the finish on the oak floors...

o

I'm definitely going to check with them. Were they attached to the legs out of the box, or were they packed separately? I'm wondering if mine had them and were possibly overlooked. Here's a shot of mine.

o

Here is photo of my translucent mahagoney that I continue to admire. I don't think my stove legs have all black rubber feet. Will have to go back to check.

o

Here is photo of my translucent mahagoney that I continue to admire. I don't think my stove legs have all black rubber feet. Will have to go back to check.

o

My kitchen isn't done yet, but here is a sneak peek at my 36" RAL4004 Bordeauxviolett...

photo image_zpsf83ef17f.jpg

And from a lower perspective...

photo image_zps8f64f24b.jpg

This post was edited by FarmerMcLarry on Wed, Dec 18, 13 at 23:54

o

Love the RAL 4004 ;)

o

Kindred spirits :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here