Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tonysak

Culinarian Cook top Griddle Suggestion

TonySak
10 years ago

Does anyone have a griddle suggestion for the Culinarian cook top?

I have a 6 burner, and I'd like to find either a double griddle or quad griddle that will fit well on the grates. I figure you guys would know....

Comments (11)

• deeageaux
    10 years ago

Here you go.

Here is a link that might be useful: Double Griddle

• TonySak
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Holy Moly! do you have that?

its cool that's its adjustable, but $300 is a bit much, and I would imaging storing it would be a major pain!

This post was edited by TonySak on Tue, Aug 20, 13 at 16:35

• TonySak
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Holy Moly! do you have that?

its cool that's its adjustable, but $300 is a bit much, and I would imaging storing it would be a major pain!

• deeageaux
    10 years ago

Not yet.

It is at the top of my Christmas wish list :)

IMO if you already spent the money on the CC without a griddle why F around?

But here is a more popularly priced option. Many who buy NXR are fans.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cheaper Double Griddle

• mjp698
    10 years ago

Wonder how those would work on a 36" culinarian with center grill....

• TonySak
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I bet it wouldn't sit right on the grates, but I don't have the grill part. I got a FM grill for outside. I do with I got the Culinarian Oven for the sake of having a indoor rotisserie, but oh well.

I would consider that first $300 griddle, if someone actually uses it and has feedback. I wouldn't use the griddle too often, so I'd like something that's easy to store, set up and clean. if I get a quad burner griddle, i might put a nail on the back of the door to hang it somewhere when out of use.

• wekick
    10 years ago

There are some here that have bought (2) 2 burner griddles. You can cover 2 or 4 burners as you need.

" Posted by deeageaux
    Many who buy NXR are fans."
    What is that supposed to mean? There are all kind of cooks that use that griddle and are very happy with it.

• deeageaux
    10 years ago

Wekick,

It means exactly what it says.

I have not seen Culinarian owners post they own the Chef King griddle.

I have seen several NXR owners post they own this griddle and like it.

• wekick
    10 years ago

You've made no secret about what you think of NXR. I think it is an odd connection. The first time I heard of it on this forum was 6-7years ago from a chef that owned a BS. It has the same 7 guage steel as the one you are looking at above so would function in cooking the same.
    There are plenty of CC owners here and elsewhere on this forum.

• TonySak
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you both!

• deeageaux
    10 years ago

I think it is an odd connection

I think that is a strange observation to make.

Looks like someone is searching to be offended.

Nope, I have not made a secret of what I think of the NXR.

Never said there were not any CC owners that bought Chef King just that I hadn't read any.

Nunbahiz( I don't remember the spelling) that used to be a big advocate for NXR was also a big Chef King fan. Many took both recommendations. That is what I saw a lot of.

They may both be 7 gauge but that does not mean the steel is the same just that it is the same thickness.

Plus, I think the Rocky Mountain will be more stable. Particularly useful when scraping clean but also if something sticks. Cleaning hot on the rangetop I have found easier than cold in the sink.

And I like how the Rocky Mountain encloses the burners and traps heat like the CC wok grate. I think this will lead to more even temperatures across the griddle but not as good a built-in thermo-griddle.

But I don't know for a fact since I have not used it.

When people buy a new product they usually become fans of it as long as it does not break or perform horribly.

Does not make that product the best or best in class.

This post was edited by deeageaux on Wed, Aug 21, 13 at 17:41