Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
You have $8k and need DW, range, &fridge

Posted by uther (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 26, 13 at 15:16

I have about $8,000 in my appliance budget for my kitchen remodel and need to purchase three major appliances:

Dishwasher - prefer the style with no visible buttons on exterior
Range - 30" gas or dual fuel
Fridge - counter depth, french door

I like white or SS. My home is casual and the kitchen is very well used so everything will need to be durable. I am not picky about all three being the same brand. Also, if I could squeeze a microwave into the budget, that would be a cherry on my kitchen sundae!

What would you do?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: You have $8k and need DW, range, &fridge

American Range ARROB-430 Performer Series Range $3134,05

Powerful open burners that deliver very even heat.

Dual convection oven.

Here is a link that might be useful: LINK to AR Perfomer Series

o

Samsung RFG237AARS

JD Power ranks Samsung top FD fridge last 6 years. $2069

Here is a link that might be useful: LINK

o

SHARP KB6525PS PRO MICROWAVE DRAWER $505

This MW is listed as manufacture refurbished. These are almost all overstock returns but can't be sold as new. Comes with 30 day warranty. I have one from this very seller and so do many on this board. Very happy with it 15 months later.

Can buy for $800 at Home Depot with 1 year warranty.

o

Miele Futura Dimension Series G5675SCSF $1899

Miele is top dishwasher on the market. This one is one below top of the line. Too many features to list.

Grand Total $7607.05

If you have dishwasher installed by Miele they double the warranty. About $160. Still under budget.

o

Deeageaux, I could hug you!!!

Many, many thanks. I am going to check out all the links you provided this afternoon.

I have never outfitted a whole kitchen before and it can be daunting...this is so helpful.

o

If you are on a budget and want top appliances, speak to dealers and see if they have showroom models, or if their distributors have any. I was about to pay about 40% on the $ for my kitchen this way. Subzero (Full size fridge and freezer), Viking (range) and Bosch (DW). All for $8k.

Even if they don't have what you are looking for, tell them. They can check with their distributors. Luckily for me the distributor is 10 miles away for Viking. I picked up my range, no shipping, no tax. :-) It was new in the box old stock. Full warranty.

Here is a link that might be useful: This dealer is very good to work with.

o

Paarlberg, thank you for the link and the tip about asking for showroom models. That's a great idea for someone like me who has champagne taste and a beer budget!

That seller has fabulous feedback! I'll have fun browsing.

o

Contact him, he is great to work with. Look at the completed auctions, it will give you an idea what he usually sells. If you have something in mind, tell him. He might be able to locate it for you.

My SZ fridge and freezer (601F and 601R) were in a showroom display unpowered for 10+ years. They were initially powered on when they were received by the showroom to test, that was it. I paid $4k for the pair and a little over $3k for the range from the seller on ebay. All with full warranty. It may take a little time finding the right model, but the benefit is large in savings.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here