Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchenaid Oven Follow-Up

Posted by shortyrobyn (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 15, 11 at 15:00

I guess it's normal that people report their problems more than their non-problems. Anyway - I read some messages here about people having problems using the self-clean function on their Kitchenaid ovens. I bought the 30" double wall ovens anyway - in January - mostly to avoid extensive cabinetry work (my 16 year old Kitchenaid double ovens died - computer malfunction - too expensive to repair) - the new model fit perfectly into the old cabinet.

I have since used the self-cleaning function in both ovens. No problems. I will use the self-cleaning function again a couple of times before the first anniversary of the unit (even though I have an extended warranty). My ovens tend to get really dirty when I am doing holiday cooking.

The only problem I have had with the unit is both ovens were slightly off in terms of temperature calibration. But there is a function in the unit where you can calibrate the temperature (which I did - using a $5 oven thermometer). Robyn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchenaid Oven Follow-Up

This is good to know -

but...............I still wouldn't do business with a co. that acted like they did in handling the defective ovens for years. They still deny there even WAS a problem!

o

As usual, you're right, Antss, buttttt------
What about Miele and their low oven temps, which is still unresolved, and does Miele admit to such a problem?

Gary

o

I am glad to hear you have had no problems but I will not be using the self clean anyway, on any oven I own. It is nothing but an ultra high temp setting, and that is a receipe for trouble. I clean the oven if it gets messed up as soon as it cools down and I have found that a little BKR works just fine. In a year and a half I have not had to use the self clean and the oven looks brand new. Good luck going forward, I hope you continue to avoid any problems.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here