Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Advice; Buying Refrigerator/Freezer This Weekend

Posted by suzieque (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 10, 13 at 14:51

Hi, all -

This is, I believe, my first post on this forum. I will be buying a refrigerator/freezer this weekend and have read up on what has been posted here. I ask your patience and advice as I post a few questions/particulars.

Here is what I want:

- color/finish not important, but I don't want the "textured" handles that grab and hold onto fingerprint stains and discolorations. I already have that and am not impressed :-)
- bottom freezer
- don't need icemaker or water in door
- bottom freezer
- would prefer non-French door
- doesn't have to be high-tech
- price somewhere around $1800 or less (maybe on sale?)
- absolutely not side-by-side (refrigerator on one side and freezer on the other. I have zero interest in those. Bottom freezer, please.

I'm all confused by reviews I've read online (not just here). Maytag, Frigidaire, Electrolux, LG, etc.

What advice do you have?

Thanks so much.

Suzieque

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Advice; Buying Refrigerator/Freezer This Weekend

Head on over to AJMadison's website. Endless configurations and easy to sort fields for preferences.

o

Thank you!

Does anyone here have any comments?

o

I love my elux cd but it is a French door
I posted why I like it on another post
I didn't comment on yours because you didn't want a FD

o

Read the reviews for Fisher and Paykel at AJ Madison.

o

Ok, Thank you all. I appreciate you taking the time to post. As I mentioned I had read a lot of reviews online, and thought that I might gather some first hand comments here. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here