Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jache723

Where to buy Electrolux appliances

jache723
15 years ago

I was hoping to use my Home Depot card, but I dont think they carry electrolux since they are not shown online.

Sears, Lowes, and BestBuy all carry them near me however they dont accept coupons on the Electrolux brand appliances (I dont know why) So the appliances never qualify for the sears sales, or 10% off coupons BestBuy and Lowes send out.

Is there a cheaper place to get these?

Comments (20)

• arleneb
    15 years ago

Interesting about Lowes not accepting coupons on E-lux . . . I was shopping there today for all appliances for a new house, including an Electrolux range, and the salesman told me about a 10% sale Labor Day weekend . . . he didn't mention excluding the E-lux range. I'll ask him about it when he makes the final quote on all appliances . . . You might ask your Lowes about the Labor Day sale.

• jache723
    Original Author
    15 years ago

well i have one of those moving coupons, and it states that it is no good for elux appliances. Maybe they will have a labor day sale though, let me know what you find out.

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    15 years ago

For Lowes, you might also check online prices like AJ Madison and take those in. Sometimes Lowes will knock a little off the price if you threaten to order online instead.

• rbsohio
    15 years ago

We just purchased electrolux appliances at Sears last week. When we told the sales person we would likely order from Best Buy, because we had a 10% off if using Mastercard coupon, (which we received from our credit card) he gave us 10% off everything. Never hurts to try!

• arleneb
    15 years ago

Checked at Lowe's today and they have the 10% off Labor Day sale with no restrictions that I could see.

• jache723
    Original Author
    15 years ago

look online...its mentions that its no good for electrolux. Guy told me that they have to sell electrolux for what electrolux tells them. They can offer rebates though

• wagggs
    15 years ago

Contact the sears commercial sales account manager for your area. www.searscommercial.com

• ziyaniyok
    15 years ago

Lowes is offering a rebate on Electrolux appliances. Please check on their website as they do not advertise it in the store. I purchased one Electrolux appliance with plans to get another and noone mentioned to me that the purchases need to all be on the same receipt.

• chuckn
    15 years ago

My wife cut a deal at Lowes today for Electrolux Gas slide-in range, Samsung 28.5 cf FD, Braun hood and a few other odds & ends.

No 10% Labor Day on the Electrolux, but they wheeled and dealed on the other items.

• arleneb
    15 years ago

I stopped in and asked my Lowe's appliance man whether or not Electrolux was included in the 10% sale . . . he said that Electrolux (and, incidentally, also Fisher & Paykel) prices are set by the manufacturer and if any vendor discounts them, they're at risk of losing the privilege of selling those brands. So jache is correct about the price being inflexible. Too bad!!

• susanpn
    15 years ago

Electrolux appliances (all the new stuff with Kelly Ripa ads!) is the same price anywhere you shop. I will check into the Sears thing but have heard their service dept is lousy.....Most likely I am going to get my Electrolux cooktop, oven and dw at Best Buy because I've had great service buying other appliances from them in the past and also because if you get points with a Rewards Zone card (this is free) and the points are good for money off future purchases. Your points add up....we bought a washer dryer and with points from that basically got a free DVD recorder. It adds up and always helpful in my experience there.

• crazyhouse6
    15 years ago

I'm making some purchases through Sears Commercial and they can't discount Electrolux either. I think Chuckn is right on trying to get larger discounts on other name brands to make up for the flat price on the Electrolux items.

• jackiemcg
    15 years ago

I bought my Electrolux appliances (cooktop, double wall oven, all fridge/all freezer and warming drawer) in Dec 2007 and was able to negotiate lower prices. Maybe something has changed since I bought mine.

• lip2000
    15 years ago

I'm in Canada and just purchased an electrolux induction unit and oven (both icon).
    I was able to get about 300 off of the induction unit and about the same from the oven.
    I probably could have got more but I needed to order the appliances and couldn't waste more time.

Miele on the other hand have price fixed their products. It's so infuriating that Miele USA sell their products for MUCH MUCH MUCH less than in Canada. I will refuse to buy Miele products although I believe they are generally better than the competition simply because they do not allow competition. Their prices in Canada are just stupid...nevermind that the Canadian prices are almost double the US price, my wife is from France and the difference between Europe is even worse...Arrogance is not something I will support.

LIP

• neff2k
    15 years ago

Something to note is you can negotiate on the Electrolux Icon series, but not the regular Electrolux line. Their Electrolux line is price fixed for all stores and they won't budge. Negotiate on any additional appliances and extended warranties.

• yelloeyes
    15 years ago

Sorry neff2K, that is totally incorrect. In the process of a new build and Sears is opening appliance stores in strip malls here in GA. I walked in the day after it opened and got 20% (yes, 20%) off the base model double ovens...I could have got the same deal for the Icon, but I actually liked the base model's looks better! I also purchased a Bosch dishwasher and an Electrolux built in microwave... all at 20% off. I waited for 1/2 hour as the manager dealt with an unruly customer. When she finally came over to me, I asked her if I treated her the same way, could I get the same deal the other lady did??? After she finished laughing, she asked me what I was in the store to buy and then proceeded to tell me I could have 20% off anything I bought that night.

Humor always works and I always ask... what's the worst they can say, no??

• neff2k
    15 years ago

Well then you are either the first person I have read get a discount not sponsored by Electrolux, or Electrolux has changed their policy in the last month. I went to every store in our area that sells them and was informed of the same thing every time. Even called Electrolux because I did not believe the sales people and they said their products are price protected at all dealers. So either the sales person you were working with was not aware of this, or something is different in Georgia with laws not allowing this. So guess I should specify that in my area prices are fixed.

• lynchmob723
    15 years ago

I finally bought some appliances yesterday. Sears is having a 15% cash back deal through today (Wed). Most people at sears dont really understand that electrolux is different than electrolux icon. So many of the sears employees told me that the ICON would not qualify for it. Online thought it does show that the 15% cash back works for the ICON series. So I kept calling sears until someone with a brain agreed with me, and I ordered them. 15% is a pretty decent deal. Plus they also have rebates on standard electrolux appliances (Buy 2 get $300 cash back, etc). They also have a rebate identical for this specifically for the ICON series. You can print the rebates out at the sears website, just look for them under the rebate center link.

So after cash back, I ended up paying less for the icon series appliances than the regular electrolux appliances.

After it was all said and done my 30" ICON induction cooktop (All 4 burners are induction, not hybrid) was $1614 + tax

• russ8128
    15 years ago

I also purchased the Electrolux and ICON appliances due to the Sears sale this weekend. I had a local dealer price match the 15% off for all of them (it was a mess, but they finally got the District Manager and Electrolux buyer to agree). I believe that Sears got "reprimanded" due to the sale, but at the end of the day, I got a very nice discount.

• bichonluver3
    15 years ago

Bought my Electrolux Icon Pro appliances online (stores compete even though there is URMP) and I saved over $4000 plus free shipping plus freebies!!!