Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Appliance Selections

Posted by SBH832 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 1, 13 at 14:38

I keep second guessing myself so please review the following appliance selections:

Electrolux Refrigerator #EW23BC85KS
Electrolux Micro/Oven Combo #EW30MC65JS
Electrolux Warming Drawer #EW30WD55GS
Thermador Cooktop #SGSX365FS
Thermador Vent #VCI236DS
Thermador DW (w/ panel) #DWHD651JPR

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Appliance Selections

Depends on your layout. Are you putting that warming drawer under the cooktop or under the wall ovens? People say under the cooktop offers better utility in which case you'd need to go wider.

Bosch makes Thermador d/w's as you may know and they are running a promotion to get a "free" Emerald d/w with a hood&cooktop purchase as you very likely know.

Some people like to go 3 inches wider on the hood vs cooktop but that depends on your available space and cooking style.

I'd consider other fridges personally-- Whirlpool Gold, Samsung, LG and Kenmore Elite perhaps

o

If you can, make the hood 3" larger on each side of the cooktop - so a 42" hood over a 36" cooktop. As zeitgast says, not essential, but does provide better capture.

o

I've bought three Boschs DW now in a row, but if you are going paneled, you might consider a Miele (or just stick with a Bosch). Was there something in the Thermador feature set that appealed to you? (It is made by Bosch, as you will read)

Similarly, if you are going for hood inserts, I think the appliance experts would recommend other alternatives first as well.

o

As far as the fridge goes...From the research I have done, the Electrolux is a descent product. I have been shopping for awhile myself. The best price I am able to find is on Amazon. I am still looking to see if it is better anywhere else.

Here is a link that might be useful: Electrolux Refrigerator on Amazon

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here