Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Discontinued Wolf Range Top purchase help

Posted by leh527 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 27, 12 at 14:18

Hi,

We have just purchased a new home and will be remodeling the kitchen. Today, while looking for appliances, I came across a wolf rt 364g range top in the scratch and dent section. It is a discontinued model and they are selling it as an open box item for $2200. I was considering putting an induction cooktop in, but had heard such great things about wolf, finding this threw me for a loop! Just FYI...I have not cooked on either so im pretty open.

I would like to know if anyone has used this particular model or know why it was discontinued? Also, do you think this is a fair price for this particular item. Would you buy this, at this price, or go with the induction?

Thank you for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Discontinued Wolf Range Top purchase help

It looks like the semi sealed burners that Wolf had that were discontinued. I can't comment on them because I haven't cooked with them but there are some threads about them. The Wolf AG ranges had them until recently. You have to be a little careful reading about them because I have seen comments about "Wolf burners" without differentiating them from the sealed burners. This usually comes from the detractors of Wolf.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here