Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wolfgang80_gw

New, Unopened Sub-Zero 600 Series Refrigerator/Freezer

wolfgang80
13 years ago

I have an opportunity to purchase a 600 series built-in SZ for about 1/2 the price of the current equivalent BI model. The seller is a local, bricks and mortar, authorized dealer that sells all the high-end UMRP appliances.

According to the seller, the unit is new and has never been open, displayed, used, etc., and I would get the full SZ warranty starting the day of purchase.

What do you think about this purchase? Is half off a good deal for an old model? Are there issues with the 600 series that I should be concerned about?

FWIW, if I don't buy this, I will most likely end up with a 30" Liebherr, so if you care to opine based on the alternative, that would be great.

Thanks as always for your help.

Comments (7)

• maire_cate
    13 years ago

I wish I had that deal- I'd buy them providing everything checks out. Can you get the serial numbers and contact SubZero? You can at least verify they were never registered under another owner. I wrote Sub Zero 6 months ago to find out if there were still any 601s around in case my 23 year old 501s failed and this was their reply ....

"Thank you for contacting us. The unit you have mentioned was replaced by the 601 models. These 601 units were replaced by an 11" taller BI-36 unit. Any existing panels that you have on your current model will not fit on the new units. The 601R and the 601F were to remain available only until mid-2009. They are no longer available for purchase as new. There is a chance that a local dealer may have a display model for sale. You may also want to check for resale units at online classified/auction sites."

• gizmonike
    13 years ago

We chose two new 600 units for our current kitchen 3 years ago, after 20 years with a 601R & 601F in our previous home. Half off with a full warranty is a great deal, IMO.

• paarlberg
    11 years ago

Sorry for bringing an old thread to life ;-)

We just picked up a 601R & 601F that was on display at a kitchen and bath design company since about 2000. They have never been powered up or registered with Sub-zero. So we will get a full warranty on them. They have a manufactured date of Dec 1999 and are in pristine condition. The design company is listed on Sub-zero's site, so there won't be any issues on that side. The picture is the actual units we bought.

They also had a 650 over/under overlay model for a good price as well @ $3100. We picked up the pair for $4k. We were looking at over $11k for the new model.

• noteable
    10 years ago

do you still have these for sale?

• gretha33
    10 years ago

Like James from rrsite said "Because of their excellent quality and unparalleled style, sub zero refrigerators are sometimes called the Apple Macbook of refrigerators or your kitchenâÂÂs luxury car. Naturally, the prices are different from model to model, but you will not make a mistake whichever you choose."
    Period

Btw is it still available :/

Here is a link that might be useful: refrigerator repair site

• paarlberg
    10 years ago

Those are the ones I bought. I think the dealer still has a 650 available.

• Christina Schroeder
    6 years ago

I am also sorry to bring an old post back to life, but can anyone tell me how your 601r/f have been performing? We are looking at these units and have read some pretty poor reviews. We've owned Sub Zero for 20 years but now skeptical of these.