Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Affordable range hood for Bluestar

Posted by amy50 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 10, 12 at 14:01

We recently bought a 36" BlueStar with four burners and a charbroiler. It replaced a crappy 30" KitchenAid that came with the house when we bought it. We now need to upgrade our hood. We unfortunately cannot go wider than 36". I'm looking at a VAH wall mount that is 18" high and 27" deep. My concerns are a) it only has 600 cfm, and 2) I've read enough posts on this forum to know not everyone here thinks VAH is a good brand. I've looked at the Prestige, but it's pretty pricey. Suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Affordable range hood for Bluestar

For affordable hoods with lots of options, check out the Broan "Elite" hood series. There are several pro-styles available and you can match them to a wide variety of Broan blowers: interior, in-line and remote wall or roof mount, with CFM ratings up to 1,500. I installed a Broan hood with my BlueStar cooktop several years ago and I am very pleased with both.

o
RE: Affordable range hood for Bluestar

For my 36" 6 burner CC rangetop, I was planning on a 1000cfm Kobe hood with baffle filters (well-rated here and not $$$) until I found a deal on a beautiful 600cfm Rangecraft hood on clearance. You might want to check out Kobe.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here