Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rsponholtz

built-in fridge look without the price?

rsponholtz
10 years ago

Hi,
I'm doing a complete kitchen remodel in my house from the '50s. The old kitchen was the original galley kitchen in the house. Oh, and the overall neighborhood is $250k-$350k houses in a somewhat upscale suburb in the Midwest. My overall budget for appliances is somewhat less than $10k - I can't make the kitchen bigger, so I thought I'd make it "nice" from a product standpoint..

Anyway, my fridge has to fit in a space 42" wide by 29" deep. I saw a Dacor cabinet-depth fridge (see attached pic, EF36BNNFSS) with an add-on grille (Dacor AFG36) that gives that built-in look without the built-in cost. I wanted to check with the community RE: this fridge, or whether you had another that would be preferable. This Dacor fridge looks virtually identical to the KitchenAid cabinet depth fridges - do you think I could use the Dacor grille on the KitchenAid (say KFCS22EVMS)?

BTW, I'm replacing a Dacor dual fuel range, Bosch dishwasher and Kenmore fridge.
Here's my thinking on the whole package:
30" gas range (eg. Capital CGMR304, Dacor ER30GSCHNG)
30" chimney style hood (eg. FRIGIDAIRE FHWC3055LS or Dacor DHW301)
Cabinet Depth French door style 'fridge
24" sharp drawer microwave.
Bosch 500 series dishwasher

I'd love to hear your comments on this, since this is my first appliance upgrade ever! Thanks!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
FineLine Kitchens, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars81 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Center Serving the DMV Area