Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
vintage stove, use it or not? cross post

Posted by susiemw (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 18, 13 at 13:53

I have the vintage magic chef stove that was in my grandmothers business. She used it, her family used it, my mother used it. So there is a lot of sentimental value.
I am thinking about putting it in my cottage. The green and cream color scheme doesn't match my white and blue or aqua color scheme but the fact that it was my grandmother's over comes aesthetic considerations.

I know the 4 burners work. I haven't had a chance to check
the oven yet.
Any words of wisdom?

photo c1351805-691e-47ba-b989-e1c1086a0216_zps61ee290c.jpg

excuse the pizza ovens sitting on the stove but it's still in the business.

Susan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: vintage stove, use it or not? cross post

I might use it as a pot and pan storage, but most of those old stoves still use a pilot light (wastes gas, adds heat) and don't have very high BTU burners. That wouldn't be what I'd choose to cook on daily. But, I cook a lot, and do some challenging dishes.

Most of your medium to upper end consumer grade ranges will out perform them. Not to mention the pro grade ranges severely out performing them. If you enjoy cooking, explore what a modern range offers before deciding to keep that one in a cooking capacity. No way would I ever jettison it out of my life with that history, but it might make a better plant stand than it would a cooking stove in your home.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here