Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kiwigem_gw

So, if Miele DOES ever come out with an induction range...

Kiwigem
9 years ago

How much do you think it will cost? I'm not familiar with Miele. Is it more on the price level of Viking or GE? I'm wondering because I am sorely tempted by the sale price of the new Samsung induction range, but the rumors of a Miele (which seems to have a great reputation) have me hesitating. Our kitchen won't be ready for appliances until December, so there's no hurry other than grabbing a great price.

Experts, please advise!!!!!!

Comments (36)

• xedos
    9 years ago

Miele, and what most people consider a "great price" don't really belong in the same conversation.

The unit won;t be delivering by the end of the year, so you'd better have a backup plan that really works for you. Because, that'll be the one you end up living with.

As far as price - what's the most expensive one on the market now ??? Add 500-1000 bucks to that and you'll have the Miele's selling price.

• Kiwigem
    Original Author
    9 years ago

That's exactly what I needed to know! Thank you!

• hvtech42
    9 years ago

Based on xedos' formula the Miele should come in around $3500-4000. Maybe a little bit more.

• Kiwigem
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Is that MSRP or real world price?
    Either way I should be fine. I ordered the Samsung, but won't receive it until December so if the Miele wins me over in time I have a shot. :-)

• jwvideo
    9 years ago

Based on what I've seen of Miele's pricing here relative to other premium price brands, I'd combine Xedos's margin with hvtech's prediction -- more like the the $4k to $4500k range.

FWIW and AFAIK, the most expensive residential induction you can get is Molteni followed by the Frech premium price ranges all in the the ya-doan-wanna-know range. Below that is the VIking induction range for about $7k (and a very, very very nice induction range according to all here who have posted about owning one.) Below that are Dacor and Ilve, each running about $5k and are probably more Miele's target.

• saeyedoc
    9 years ago

For Miele, MSRP is very close to street price. Only significant discounts are usually on floor models. They do run specials where they include an extended warranty.

• xedos
    9 years ago

um..............Miele's induction range will cost waaaaaay more than $4000 hvtech !

You can bank on it being more than $5000 and I'll wager it'll be closer to $8000.

JW - Miele never targets the middle of the market, and you can bet they never consider part of their sales pitch to be "we're cheaper than Viking "

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

Isn't the Miele induction cooktop $4,000? If so, the range will be way more!

• hvtech42
    9 years ago

Wow. This thing better be good is all I can say. I paid $1k for my Miele DW which I think is in line with the other high end manufacturers - Bosch, KA, etc.

• Kiwigem
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I'm sure I won't be finding out. That's 75% of my appliance budget!

• jwvideo
    9 years ago

Guessing about pricing on unreleased products is the rankest kind of speculation at this point but it is a really good bet that the Miele range will be very expensive. Somehow, it never occurred to me that Dacor and Ilve would be the "middle of the market" but there are markets and then there are market segments. If Viking is defining the premium/ultra-premium market, maybe Xedos is right and the Miele will be thinking it can get a lot more than $5k for an induction range.

SJhockeyfan: I thought The Miele induction cooktops run between $2500 and $3100 depending on size and features. That's from from AJ Madison and theInductionSite.com. As you recently were shopping for a cooktop, so maybe you found Bay Area prices were higher? That's still pretty darn expensive, in any event.

This post was edited by JWVideo on Mon, Aug 25, 14 at 14:43

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

JW, maybe it was more in the area of $3000 - Bay Area prices on appliances like the Miele are the same as they are everywhere else (meaning expensive :-) ). Now that I think about it, it was the Thermador zoneless induction that was over $4000.

• aprince
    9 years ago

I would be very surprised if Miele manufactured an induction range. Few Europeans have ranges and that is their primary market. Miele doesn't manufacture a gas range or an electric range so jumping in with an induction range is like running before crawling. That is what LG does, not Miele.

• hvtech42
    9 years ago

They are doing it... as well as pro style gas ranges. Indeed they are going out of their "comfort zone" here to cater to the American market.

Hmm... I remember last time they did that (front load washers) it didn't work out too well for them...

• xedos
    9 years ago

Prince - it is coming for sure. So act surprised.

There will also be a 48" monster with two ovens, one of which is their "speed oven" and can be outfitted with a grill or griddle should you choose. No induction to start.

I had some tea leaves read and the target street price for the induction range will be $7000. So , I guess it will be cheaper than Viking's. Maybe. Not shipping til the new year.

Gas models will be arriving this fall to the Jones' house near you.

• fauguy
    9 years ago

See new thread, people say its now out.

• Kiwigem
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Wow, thanks for thinking of me!

• xedos
    9 years ago

^^^

the gas burner model is out as of Oct. 1

No induction version is shipping though.

• malba2366
    9 years ago

None of them have been officially released yet. From my understanding all of them will ship late this year. Here is a link to the spec sheets for all the models. Dealers have pricing and it seems that the pricing is in line with Wold ($5000 for gas 30', $6700 for DF 30'). I only got pricing for 30' as thats what my current kitchen has...I dunno if I want to spend that on a 30' range.

Here is a link that might be useful: Miele Spec sheets

• whirlpool_trainee
    9 years ago

AjMadison has them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Miele Cooking Ranges

• fauguy
    9 years ago

Interesting that Miele will have a regular radiant heat and induction range. Too bad that PDF doesn't list all the features, but does show a water line connection, so guess it has a steam oven feature.
    But there are two things I don't like:
    It doesn't overhang on the top to fill the gap between the countertop (like the GE Profile does). There is no storage drawer on the bottom.
    Those aren't deal breakers, but observations.

Here is a link that might be useful: More images.

This post was edited by fauguy on Thu, Oct 16, 14 at 0:41

• xedos
    9 years ago

malba - the first units are out NOW.

fauguy - I don't think the Miele crowd is really interested in storing things in a bottom drawer under the oven. Plus, there really isn't enough room to store much if it did have a drawer. The whole thing is designed to line up with adjacent cabinetry for a sleek Euro look.

Think fully integrated fridges and dishwashers. Having those counter flanges might be neat-o from a main street USA perspective , but garbage and liquid gets under those too. Having them detracts from the sleek look too.

This isn't an everyman range, but a product that fits a select niche , so it wasn't designed to go head to head with the everyday ranges down at your local Sears store or Best Buy.

• fauguy
    9 years ago

I'll be interested in reading the reviews if the Miele Induction Range.
    I'm not looking to replace my GE Radiant Heat Range with an Induction just yet, as we're having to replace our A/C, but eventually would like to. Since the Miele induction is twice the price of the GE Profile induction slide-in, I'd first want to see some reviews of it and look at it in person.

• saeyedoc
    9 years ago

stopped in my Miele dealer today. They had nothing new on display. The owner told me it will be a while before the induction range is available.

• aprince
    9 years ago

I stand corrected. Miele making a range.

• dan1888
    9 years ago

And the $7000 price includes a steam function.

• fauguy
    9 years ago

Full specs and more images now on the Miele site.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.mieleusa.com/Product/Details/1017

• hvtech42
    9 years ago

Like the knobs for induction controls.

Not a fan of the placement of the oven controls.

• jdoenumber2
    9 years ago

I'm excited they look really nice in person. Can't wait to get some consumer feedback. They are not for everyone. Miele never wants to be in every kitchen in the us.

• fauguy
    9 years ago

I took a look through the user manual. At 140 pages, I'm sure some people will be intimidated by it.
    But the unit has a ton of features. Wireless temp probe, Moisture Plus baking, rotisserie adapter (internal motor), all of which increase the price.
    I'll be interested to see it in person if the Miele showroom in Boca gets it on display. But at $7000, it would be a while until I even think about buying one.

• whirlpool_trainee
    9 years ago

Miele instruction manuals have always been bigger. Their current W1 Prestige washer comes with 116 pages of instructions, the matching dryer comes with 104 pages.

Here is a link that might be useful: www.mieleusa.com/Product/Ranges

• whirlpool_trainee
    9 years ago

Hold on.... Miele 48" HR 1956 G Dual Fuel M Touch Range with Griddle, Convection Oven, Speed Oven and Warming Drawer. A Range Like No Other.

Retail price, in Canada, $19,000.

Here is a link that might be useful: Product page

• ollie11226
    9 years ago

@whirpool_trainee

in USD, it will be more like $13.5

• kitchengirl67
    9 years ago

Miele ranges are coming January 2015. 30" Induction range will retail
    for 7K. The induction may be available in December, but full line available in january. They are beautiful ! That 48" is a dream with speed cook oven/micro/wd....wish i had the space.maybe in the next house.FYI, Miele manufacturers 95% of their pieces- no cheap parts from Thailand/Mexico. They must only outsource the boxes they ship in.

• homepro01
    9 years ago

Kitchen girl,
    The ranges have been available since October and have been shipping. My local Miele showroom has all of them on display.
    Good luck!

• kitchengirl
    9 years ago

kitchengirl67,
    Any chance you can change your name a bit or abbreviate it, so we aren't confused for one another? I've had this name since 2004. Just a hope/wish!
    Thanks, kitchengirl