Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ricemutt

NXR range clearance requirements?

ricemutt
11 years ago

Hi,

Hoping current owners of NXR ranges might be able to help me with something. I've been reading through all the threads on NXR ranges, seen one in person, and about ready to purchase the 30" version for a kitchen remodel we're undertaking.

Yesterday, I took a look at the Owner's Manual to look at installation instructions, and I noticed that while the width says 30" is required, it also says "2 inches to wall on either side sealed burner models" on page 6. The house we're renovating has a tiny kitchen (110 sq. ft. or so) and we're planning on putting the stove between two base cabinets.

I called a local NXR dealer who said that that meant I needed 34" minimum width for this stove due to the "high output of heat and flames" that the burners can exude at full power. I also called Duro, who claimed that the add'l clearance was just a recommendation and put in solely to help us actually slide in the range, which itself is 30" (so we'd need a bit more room to actually move it into place).

Could any current owners comment on whether either of these explanations is accurate and how much clearance you have to the sides?

If I need 34" then it's likely that we cannot go with this stove. Maybe it's too powerful for the size of our kitchen :( Currently, we're in a rental house, also with a tiny kitchen, and an original O'keefe & Merritt stove that I love but obviously can't take with us. Was hoping the NXR would be a good replacement. We also were considering the Bosch 700 dual fuel (which doesn't seem to have the add'l clearance requirements) and suppose we might go with that if the NXR isn't an option.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments (5)