Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
peytonrose1015

Perlick beverage center...

ILoveRed
11 years ago

I saw Bees source for factory seconds and was intrigued. I had actually never heard of this brand.

After lots of research it seems that many brands of beverage centers do not keep beverages cold.

How does the Perlick perform?

Bee...or anyone with this beverage center, would you please post a pic of your beverage center?

Thanks.

Comments (21)

• kaseki
    11 years ago

I have a Perlick wine reserve and a Perlick refrigerator. They keep their contents right at the the temperature setting I have chosen for each, although this assertion is based on the interior digital readout. If you feel confirmatory evidence is necessary, I have a temperature sensor/readout that is out of cal, but was traceable to NIST when I bought it, that I could use to observe temperature variations.

These units are designed for temperature maintenance, and if you pack them with warm bottles, they can take a few hours to get the bottle contents cooled down to the temperature setting.

Note that Perlick wine reserves, beverage centers, and refrigerators have different temperature ranges that they can be set within, so buying the correct unit for your intended purpose is best.

kas

• ILoveRed
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks kas for the feedback. I don't think I was specific enough.

Let me re-phrase.

Basically, I would like to know which 24" undercounter beverage center:

1) keeps beverages cold (soda, juice boxes, kids smoothies, half & half, kids protein drinks, etc).

2) is fairly quiet comparatively speaking

3) looks good

Does the Perlick brand fit the bill?

• pbx2_gw
    11 years ago

You be the judge below:

Here is a link that might be useful: Perlick Catelogues

• pbx2_gw
    11 years ago

Just to add - the Liebherr RU500 look mighty interesting & could fit your bill.

• ILoveRed
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks pbx2!

• carolml
    11 years ago

True appliances have gone into the home appliance business - they are well known for commercial appliances. My True undercounter drawers are beautiful and appear to be quiet. So far, they are only plugged in in the garage to keep my apples from spoiling while the kitchen is finished!

• kaseki
    11 years ago

red_lover: I missed your response of the 25th. I don't have the beverage center, so I can't personally verify that a Perlick beverage center meets all of your criteria, but I would bet on it.

kas

• lee676
    11 years ago

True appliances have gone into the home appliance business

Somehow I missed this. Their commercial stuff is first-rate and feels indestuctible. Their new residential line looks nice too, especially the wine cooler and the drawers, but they'll need to expand their lineup to include something other than 24" wide all-refrigerator units if they expect to succeed in the residential market. Some of us need freezers and/or icemakers too, or widths less than 24".

Let us know how the True drawers work out.

• ILoveRed
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks kas. I know Bee has the Perlick that she got at a significant savings. Wise or not...unsure?

Carole and Lee. Googled the drawers and they look great but didn't see a beverage center. DH and I use True in our business! Had no idea they did home.

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

I never saw this post. Sorry.

I do have the Perlick beverage fridge. It follows the theory that the coldest temps are at the bottom of the unit, so wine storage is at the top, we keep beer on the slide out shelf (which slides out all the way so you can actually just set a case of beer right on it--we haven't done that, we like to keep a variety in there). All the beer is very cold, no complaints. And all sodas we keep in there are also very cold.

I have never taken the temp with a thermometer.

If you call Scott @ Perlick (his contact info is on the Factory Seconds page) he will give you all the info you need.

• eleena
    11 years ago

Bee,

I am also considering it.

Could you post a picture of it with all drawers pulled out some, so I can see them? I couldn't get a clear picture from Perlick website.

Thank you!

• carolml
    11 years ago

Along with the True fridge drawers which are currently keeping my apples cold and are destined for veggies in my prep centre, I ordered the Perlick beverage fridge from their scratch and dent seconds. Haven't plugged it in yet, though it looks nice (except for the dent that won't be seen). The fridge drawers are stainless steel with removable plastic dividers. Very quiet, so far! They also have soft close drawers! I have their catalogue and they definitely have a beverage centre.

• lee676
    11 years ago

> Googled the drawers and they look great but didn't see a beverage center. DH and I use True in our business! Had no idea they did home.

They do have a beverage center, indeed in several configurations. They introduced their residential line earlier this year (beverage center press release). Their website (link below) has a "portfolio" photo gallery of their products, including some with the racks extended or the drawers opened. The dual-zone wine/beverage fridge not in the gallery yet as they were just introduced but they have their own section (here are PDFs for the dual-zone coolers with stainless or wood glass doors)

Lots of design options, including commercial-style stainless steel, glass doors surrounded by wood cabinet frames, solid doors, or stacked drawers.

{{gwi:1451816}}

Same beverage center with wood overlay:

{{gwi:1451817}}

Here is a link that might be useful: True residential appliances

• eleena
    11 years ago

Thank you, Bee!

We don't drink white wine, it is only for visitors and I won't have many wine bottles in the fridge, so I wanted to keep my cooking wines and vinegars there as well.

Are those slots on the upper shelves too wide to hold a beer size bottle? Do they have any bottom support or just side support, so to speak?

• ILoveRed
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Great information and pictures. Thanks!

• philwojo
    11 years ago

Bee, love that you guys drink Leinie, nothing like a good Berry Weiss from them, and I started many many years ago on their Leinie's Red, still one of my favorites.

Phil

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

I don't think you could lay a regular beer bottle in there. Larger bottles, yes. I have my bottle of dessert wine strategically placed on top of other bottles. I think you can customize these, not sure what you would if you got a FActory Second one though.

But it would still be worth checking on.

I know the rollout shelf is adjustable (at least they said it was), and we were told we could get an extra rollout shelf if we wanted.

• eleena
    11 years ago

Thank you!

I'll look into getting a second roll-out shelf. One wine rack is plenty for me, :-)

• AngieMac
    11 years ago

Bee, were you hesitant about getting the factory Perlick second because you only get 6 months warranty?

• AngieMac
    11 years ago

Has anyone purchased a Perlick from Signature Marketing Group? I am thinking about purchasing a beverage center from them and am trying to get some feedback on them.