Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
call out to chilkoot re: aeg induction

Posted by dccnm (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 18, 13 at 13:09

Hi,

I saw your 2010 post about your replacement AEG and wanted to check in with you.

My beloved 9 y/o AEG died on Friday and I am trying to decide whether to purchase another or go with a Miele. When I originally got it, there were very few options in the US so I ordered it from Canada. Now that there are good US alternatives, I'm investigating other brands. I'm limited by height restrictions since I have drawers underneath.

But the reason I'm reaching out to you is because I wanted to hear how you have done with the newer model. I am not thrilled with the idea of the "sweeping" controls but suspect I could get used to it. The power issue you mentioned IS of concern however. Did it turn out to be a defective model or is that just the way it is? There are so few reviews of the AEG anymore (there were tons in 2004!) that I'm unsure how to proceed. Has Elux's purchase of AEG affected the quality?

Any info you can provide (or please, anyone else feel free to chime in!) would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here