Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gatorsmom_gw

Which double wall oven for reliable, basic functions?

Gatorsmom
11 years ago

So we have narrowed down our kitchen appliances for our new house and the last things left to choose are the double wall ovens. The only thing I want is to have convection in at least one of them (both would be ideal) and reliability. I have the budget for a top of the line oven. I'd rather not get top of the line because I'd rather use that money on better countertops. So no Wolf, Viking, etc., but I'd be open to Dacor, Thermador, Electrolux, bosch, jennair, and others. Except Miele. No service companies in our area for Miele.

Suggestions?

Comments (5)

• janicedallas
    11 years ago

I LOVE love my 6 month old 27" not convection double ovens SS by Kenmore. Even heat, doesn't heat the house, good broiler, fast preheat. Looks much more expensive.

• ginny20
    11 years ago

I chose Electrolux 30" double convection wall oven, non-icon, with Wavetouch. I've had it almost a year, and it is great. I love the features like keep warm and perfect turkey. (It really does make a perfect turkey.) I chose it because posts by Appliances gurus recommended Elux as the best of the midrange ovens, and I read a lot of other consumer reviews as well. So far, I agree with them all.

If you get Elux, do get the Wavetouch, where the controls fade out when not in use. You don't need to spend the extra for Icon to get the great functioning.

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

I love my Carrara counters, but I'm not sure I'd trade my double Wolf ovens for them. For me, the function of a kitchen (I cook a lot) outweighs the aesthetics.

• Gatorsmom
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Breezy girl, I don't cook that much but I do need a very durable countertop. It sounds like you are fortunate enough to have the best of both!

Do you have a suggestion for me for a reliable, not quite high end double oven?

• dodge59
    11 years ago

I'm not "Breezygirl" alto I'm sure some folks here think I'm kind of a "Breezy guy"---well "Windy" anyway!

But another vote for Electrolux. I've had their oven and speed oven over 6 years now. Both trouble free, performance is great, The oven is very quiet even the convection fan. It does not blow hot air into the kitchen, alto the air that it does blow is slightly above room temp, (at least in the Winter).

The fully gliding out racks are just as smooth as they were when new, and we love the large display and easy to read controls (Wavetouch) that disappears if you don't hit any buttons for a couple of Mins. We have not had to remove the glass in the door to clean the inside glass, alto to be honest, except for turkeys and occasional ham, we do most of the "Messy stuff" outside, since we live in S Calif.
    The glass in the door is easily removed as is the whole door for that matter and it shows how to do it in the Operator's Manual, should you ever need to clean the "Inside glass"---compare this to a more expensive "Fancy oven" where you have to call for "factory authorized service" to clean the inside glass.

I can Truthfully say, what we love this oven, just as much as the day it was first installed---(More that 6 years ago), now.

Gary