Return to the Appliances Forum

o
Lacanche Ranges part 39

Posted by jaedwards (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 7, 08 at 12:43

It's time for a new post! Several of you should be taking delivery soon--can't wait to hear all about it!

Doug--that's a lot of real estate transactions! Thanks for the alt-0 info. Is there a chart somewhere that gives symbol shortcuts? As for the thermometer, all my kitchen gadgets were left behind in the move last year. The packers missed a drawer I guess. Many of my old favorite utensils from when I was first married are gone. Just hadn't gotten around to replacing all the thermometers because of the reno.

Here is a link that might be useful: Part 38

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lacanche Ranges part 39

Just got call from shipping company, ours is coming tomorrow :-)

Pix soon.

o

Yahooooo!! Can't wait to see the pics! Sharing the excitement with you :)

o

Was hoping to see pics of clinresga's cluny 1400 before I leave on a 3 week vacation tomorrow. By the time I get back you'll be posting finished kitchen pics and my Lacanche will be just 2 weeks away! Enjoy your new range :)

o

Aah!!!
school starts in a week, had a carpool meeting tonight, was away at the lake this weekend (actually cooking on a range!!) and the Cluny sits crated in the garage (but we uncrated it on arrival and looked reverently at it before recrating to protect it from the contractors).

So...pix are late :-(

But they will be on the way by later this week. Sorry plucky!! But it will be fun to compare notes when you return and uncrate yours. Look forward to it.

By then maybe my "75% complete" reno pix will be on the Kitchen forum too!

o

still waiting on the pix!

o

My baby got put together: (She's still missing the black trim on the back splash wall):
Photobucket

o

Wow, just stunning. Of course the range is fabulous, but you've succeeded in doing a hood and backsplash that are the equal to the Lacanche. Can't wait to see the rest! Our range may go in Monday, so I'm hoping my long-promised pix are coming soon.

o
I'm jealous

That's a gorgeous installation!

We'd have gone for the Lacanche when the Decor(sic) died, had I been able to convince Mrs Phillycook to suffer through another kitchen remodel eight years after the first. We ended with the Bluestar, which I'm very happy with.

However that's a great looking range. Now we need to see some pictures AFTER you've cooked on it. Some distress marks and scorches, please!

o

igloochic!! :) How gorgeous...and I love your backsplash! Your first dish prepared on the Lacanche should be none other than coq au vin, IMO. :)

I just can't wait till our burgundy red Lacanche can come out of storage and make her way to our kitchen. BTW, I also have a mosaic backsplash on order (it's coming from Lebanon), here it is along with our granite slab "Golden Exotica":

o

Vineyard I can't wait to see yours installed. My BS was also from Lebanon (I also have a carpet in my entry from the same seller). I just love them and yours is such a compliment to your granite!

Clinre...get that range in and show us some pics LOL It's about time :oP

And philly...I'll be sure to include 2 year old finger prints as well as DH's mess (he's the cook in the house, and he's a MESSY one) which is why the stove is surrounded with stainless countertops heh heh

I've been stressing over that freaking hood for so long. I wasn't sure that my vision was really going to work. but I love it as much as the Lacanche now. I'm always that way about my designs...happy to see them actually work, verses turn out funky and ugly LOL so when they do go up and flow correctly with everything else...it's a huge weight off my shoulders!

I believe that our first dinner on the Lacanche is going to be cooked for some visitors from Art Culinaire who are traveling to Alaska in September. I told them the house might not be occupied, but we'll set up some saw horses for a wonderful dinner cooked on the Lacanche anyhoo :)

o

igloochic--just beautiful! It all works together so well! How's that wrist coming along?

vineyard--love your mosiac too and it complements your stone perfectly!

clinresga--so tomorrow is the big day! wooHOO!

o

We'll see: if floors are dry enough, then today's the day.

o

I have had my heart set on induction but think I may want a range, which leaves only one choice, the Diva, which I have reservations about for a number of reasons. After reading through hours of threads about ranges, I'm intrigued by the beauty of the Lacanche and would consider it, however, I' worried after reading several negative reviews about the ovens. I can't say they were complaints because all of the owners LOVE their range and are willing to overlook these problems, but I really don't want an oven that smells like gas, is off by 25 degrees or that requires I turn cookie sheets during baking. I understand that this is less important to some but it would really bug me. Can anyone give some detailed, up to date reports of the ovens on the Cluny?

o

cheri127: Don't know what to tell you. I don't think the ovens are off that much. It depends when you take the temperature. Heating comes on for a while, so the oven will go above what it is set at. Then will go below what it is set at. That's just the way all ovens work. It is the average temperature that is important and that is what several digital oven thermometers read.

I have never smelled gas from my oven, so I can't speak to that.

If turning a half sheet will make you crazy, this just isn't for you.

I wrote a fairly lengthy two year stove review. I think it was in part 37.

Joe

Here is a link that might be useful: Lacanche Part 37

o

Thanks Joe. I did read your lenghty post in part 37. I'd looked at these ranges way back then but then decided on induction. The truth is, I don't do that much baking so perhaps I'm fretting too much here about having to turn cookie sheets (kids are older now and bake their own cookies). I think I'll give AC a call on Tuesday and get more information. DH will agree to anything (even a Molteni) just to have a decision made and move on!!! Thanks again.

o

Finally!!
Actually, range went in on Tuesday but finding the time to post is always a challenge. Our Cluny 1400 is in, and the kitchen reno is at about 95% done. I hope to post full pix including before and afters on the Kitchen forum soon, but my first responsibility was to this thread. So...

Here's a bit of perspective. You can see the alcove with range installed. Obviously trim and paint are still to come but you begin to get the idea. You can't see my beloved Modern Aire vent hood under there but the combination of the MA and the LC should be wonderful!

Photobucket

Here's a closer view:

Photobucket

and from the other side:

Photobucket

It's been great fun actually being able to see and handle the range for real. Finish looks wonderful and love the heft and solidity of all the controls, grates, accessories etc. We've not cooked on it yet and I think the burners need adjusting judging from the whooshing sound at full, and I'll check the oven calibration soon.

To date it's been everything I've hoped it would be. Will post again after we start using the range.

Disclaimer: this post was in no way intended to disparage other ranges, or to communicate arrogance or condescension to other range owners :-)

o

Clinresga, it is beautiful. The frangipani color is lovely. I remember when you ordered it-- it doesn't seem like that long ago. I can see why you are thrilled! You have me thinking about Lacanche again -- among the myriad choices it really does stand out. Congratulations -- and enjoy!!!

Please continue to post as the rest of the kitchen is installed-- can't wait to see the entire room --

o

clinresga, she is absolutely GORGEOUS...I love it!! Thanks for posting pics. BTW, ;-) at your disclaimer, or as igloochic would say: (this means a wink and smile!)

o

Thanks, sayde and vineyard!

As I think about our initial reactions to the range, a few more thoughts hit me:

I love the variety of heat sources I now have. I know the majority on GW here appear to favor all burners the same, and all ovens with the same heat source. This is a range for the non conformist, at least in this regard.

I now have a choce of a simmer burner, two sizes of intermediate burners, the big central burner which will also work well with a wok, and of course the French top. My experience recently has been with our Dacor PGM cooktop, which also has multiple different burners--four sizes in that case. I think it's definitely an advantage. There is no question that it's easier to melt butter or chocolate in a very small pan over a small simmer burner than to try to do the same using a 22K star burner. Conversely, I've got the large hob for searing with a large diameter pan, or heating a large stockpot of water rapidly. I have no problem knowing which burner is which. Same notion applies to the gas and electric ovens. I am looking forward to seeing how differently they bake.

Having said that, I am still glad I had the luxury of getting the single full-sized Miele convection oven, as I think it will bake well and eliminates any anxiety I have over mass producing cookies for school functions, etc.

Again. I would echo other LC owners in the solidity and simplicity of the controls. I was at my neighbor's last night: they have a Wolf wall oven with the cool rotating control panel, and I noticed on one occasion she couldn't get it to rotate on command. There seems to be so little to go wrong here, and even the ability to adjust and calibrate things on my own, with the LC.

Oh, and I love the color. It will really be a focus for the kitchen, along with the marble countertops, and for our concept of the kitchen is much more in tune with the look and feel we wanted than any generic stainless steel pro style range.

So, theoretically one more week to go til completion and I'll start assembling my before/during/after reno pictures to post soon.

o

It's been so long since I've posted, but I was thinking about you all today. My Cluny has been in the garage for almost 2 years. But I'm hoping that it can be installed within a month or two. DH is just finishing up the backsplash. He still has to lay the radiant heat and then the floor...then finally! I'll get to install the Cluny.

Absolutely love seeing the new installations here. Just beautiful, and I love when someone chooses a different color other than black. Black is what worked in my design but I just love seeing the other colors because they are all so beautiful.

o

Clinresga, that is a work of art. If I had the space and resources, I would love to get something like that. Wow! A big congratulations.

o

wascolette: I think I remember posts from you when I was perusing the old Lacanche threads. Two years--wow, that's impressive patience. But, judging from the way exchange rates have gone, should mean you got a much better deal than we did!

BTW: we loved the black. It was on our short list of choices along with Frangiapane, Marron Glace, and Vert Sologne. In some ways I think the black is the most dramatic of all, since the other colors we were considering tended to harmonize and blend in with the rest of the kitchen, while the black would have really jumped out. With some dramatic accent lighting it would have been stunning.

Tell DH I'm rooting for him. As one who has been specifically prohibited by DW from doing any work on house based on my track record of destruction, I am very impressed. Can't wait to see pix of yours when you finally uncrate.

o

Dear clinresga,

Wow!! Nice set-up. Great flexablility! Are you happy with the frangipane? I think you were a little nervous before.

Marty

o

Marty: there was some uncertainty early but now I'd delighted with the color. As I noted, I think it was a debate between the two of us over the "dramatic knock your eyeballs out" color (i.e. black, red) vs a color which would still stand out but harmonize more than contrast the color palette for the rest of the kitchen. As we are finally getting the cabinet doors installed the whole picture is coming together and I think the choice was a good one. Hope by next week to be able to take final pix and post the whole kitchen and you can see what you think!

o

clinresga..it's gorgeous. I absolutely love the range of course, but the setting, it's perfect! I love the marble, and can't wait to see more!!!

My chickens got their frame today (blue tape will be removed tomorrow when it's grouted): I'm thrilled it's almost done!

Photobucket

o

Perfect timing, as I was speaking of being tempted to go for the knock your socks off range in black as the other way for us to go, and igloo's is just that. Fabulous stuff. I love the way the range and backsplash form a cohesive mass that really pops out even against the bright colors on the walls.

I notice that you flip flopped the Traditional and Classique hobs versus ours. I struggled with the decision and went the other way, figuring I'd use the french top as workspace. I see that you likely chose to locate the Classique open burner by the pot filler, which makes sense.

Anyway, I love the impact of yours, and it's fun to see a pretty good example of what we might have done if we'd gone the other direction.

o

It's funny, both are wonderful and both are different and of course the same :) I was shooting for the "pop" and your's was to blend in, but really my dear...that whole unit in it's cabinets POPS! It flows so well with the marble...really it's to die for!

I also noticed your arrangement. Our initial thought was also to use the french top as a work space, but because we expect to use the burners the most, we wanted that work space in the middle, verses on the end. The pot filler was a happy accident. It was supposed to be on the edge of the chickens (back wall) but when we took the walls apart we learned they were 2x4 construction on this floor (it's a five level house) and it was against code to put the plumbing on the thin wall (given our temps etc). That side wall is about a foot thick (plumbing corridor) so it worked well in the long run, and thank god that's where the big pot burner is :)

We'll also most likely do our wok cooking on the french top. (Contractor set it up as is..most of those impliments will go in the drawers). I wanted to keep that burner centered on the hood, where as simmering soup can be off to the side a bit.

This all sounds like we make a lot of soup and wok cook a lot LOL we've been without a kitchen for almost two years (a working kitchen verses a make do one). We've almost forgotten how to do these things LOL

All that blue tape is up because my artist is doing the walls today (started late last night). They'll have a different finish than the current one by the stove (which was venetian plaster...I couldn't finish it because I broke my wrist in the process). His finish is in the same tones, but he uses crazy stuff, mud, cement, maple syrup, gad I don't even know what else :) But it will be even cooler than the VP (and I'll use that in the rental when we start that kitchen instead).

o

WOW! After 3 weeks away on vacation, lots of progress has been made.

Igloo, love the way your kitchen has come together. And your beautiful Alaska is certainly making headlines!

Clinresga, The Frangipane Cluny with your marble counters looks like it was just meant to be sitting in that alcove! We saw so much marble while in Greece and no one over there worries about etching. Can't wait to see your finished kitchen as I await news on when my Cluny will arrive!

o

plucky: I think you're next on the delivery list so I'm waiting now for your photos!

o

clinresga and igloo: Wow, they're beautiful and what you're doing is incredible! Congrats to both of you.

Still in Lacanche heaven here in Virgina, even if the gas oven is a little smelly from time to time : )

Ivette

o

pirula:
I didn't recognize your name off the bat and googled you on GW: what a hoot! It pulled up the Lacanche thread #11, back from mid 2004. Made me laugh, as so much of the discussion was highly reminiscent of the discussions on threads 37-38 that ultimately led us to choose the Cluny 1400. Also saw the beginnings of other familiar names like AnnaLeeF and momto4kids in their early decision making stages.

If I read them right, you ended up with a Blue Cluny? Did you ever post pix (they aren't saved in the old GW archived threads)? Hope we're as happy in four years with our choice.

o

I notice a few other Lacanche threads, which is great! But I always enjoyed coming to this one on-going thread to keep updated on what's happening with everyone's ranges. It's also been a great resource in finding older question threads, etc.

So...just a quick update. DH is almost done putting down the radiant heating. Next step will be the hardwood floor (which is beautiful and I can't wait to post a picture). Then....the range can finally get installed. The crate has sat buried in the garage for a year and half or more now. I'm doing Thanksgiving at our place this year and have been promised that the range will up and ready by then. Yay!

o

wascolette: along with igloo, plucky, you and us and maybe others, we should all be able to post pix of our LC's in action at Thanksgiving. We're looking forward to the cook a thon.

o

clinresga,
I can't believe it's been so long since I last talked with you. You probably dont even remember me now. LOL

Oh my how stunning your stove looks against that incredible white marble, boy I love that! Ive been thinking of you for a long time wondering and waiting in anticipation when your stove will arrive and be installed. And its the most gorgeous beauty Ive ever seen. Im sure your very proud. I will be waiting anxiously for more photos thats for sure.

Igloochic,
Beautiful! Love the chickens. The entire set up is outstanding, wow. Thank you so much for sharing. I love the black stove with the hint of black in the chickens mural. I can see you really worked out every detail in design and colors, beautiful!

Thanks everyone for posting pics. Always such a pleasure to see and read about everyones project.

Im excited to say my Marron Glace Cluny will be leaving the factory soon. I dont have a date yet. My my does time fly by.

I do have a question if someone didnt mind answering.
My husband wants to wait until we get the stove before we make the opening for it. But I told him the measurements are accurate and we should be able to go ahead and get that opening done before the stove comes. Does anyone have any thoughts on that? I sure would prefer getting that opening done before it gets here.

Thanks all. Always a pleasure to read everyones posts.

Terry

o

terry: great to hear from you again, and can't believe you're almost at delivery day. Time flies. We'll add you to the list of owners from whom we are expecting pictures of the new LC in action at Thanksgiving!

We're close to done, just backsplash before I'll attempt more photos.

I'm equally anxious to see yours: Marron Glace was our other leading color choice and I can't wait to see pix "in the flesh."

Re the question of opening: what kind of opening are you referring to? Are you talking about putting countertop on either side of the range? If that's the opening you're talking about, we had our cabs and counters installed before the range was moved in. The measurements were spot on, and the gap between the range and the counters is about 1/8'', as we wanted. I think the measurements are trustworthy, and doing the cabs and counters first avoided any risk of damaging the range if counters were put in after the range. Just my 2 cents worth.

o

terry, I'm so excited for you! Our Cluny 1400 was the exact measurements as in the spec sheets, so I think you are safe to get started. Our cabinets were delivered today and the installation began!

clinresga, count me in on the Thanksgiving cook a thon!

o

Clinresga and Pluckymama wonderful to hear from you both!

It wont be in by Thanksgiving as I think itll come about the middle of November. However I plan to use it for Christmas. Yippee.

I absolutely adore the Marron Glace and cant wait to see the stove in person. We are actually interchanging ovens. My old commercial stove I will miss and its given me great pleasure over the years but Im so tired of cleaning it. Grates are so heavy.
My Counter top is a very beautiful brown granite darker than the stove with specks of black. Thats not a great description but it truly is gorgeous. Back splash is limestone. We have a lot of work to do but its going to be beautiful with the new stove.
So this is why my question about stove measurement opening and how accurate the data sheet is. We are cutting back some granite counter and doing some kitchen remodel and would prefer it ready before the stove arrives so I can just throw that baby right in and use it.

Pluckymama, I am so looking forward to seeing your new cabinets.

I wish this site had a way to notify me when I get a reply. Im assuming it doesnt have that capability? I sometimes forget to get back here and dont want to miss the discussion.

Thanks again clinresga and pluckymama we will start working on our counters I feel more comfortable about it now.

Take care both and have fun working on those gorgeous kitchens of yours!

Terry

o

Yellow Lacanche Cluny on the cover of the Nov/Dec issue of Kitchens and Baths Magazine by BHG. The featured kitchen is a French Country kitchen and the yellow Cluny is the star of the spread.

o

Hi everyone--I am new to this site and to the Lacanche following. First of all, thanks to everyone for the great information about these ranges. In reading the forum postings, I came across a link (in Lacanche 38) to a 2004 discussion thread about Lacanche. It mentioned an Ultimate Kitchen expose on Diane Morgan, cookbook author. Apparently she has a galley kitchen and integrated a Lacanche range. We have a galley kitchen and are trying to make some remodeling decisions. Does anyone happen to have a link to this video? When I track it down on Fine Living, there is just a description--no video. The next airing of this episode isn't until January.

On another note, The only drawback I keep reading about Lacanche seems to be with oven temperature. Any other thoughts about major cons? There are so many pros in my mind, I would love to balance them out and feel like I am not getting totally sucked in by the aesthetics/image. Thanks so much for your feedback!

o

Here's the link to Diane Morgan's kitchen remodel video:
http://www.dianemorgancooks.com/media/ultimate_kitchens.wmv

Also, Chef Keith Snow went with a Lacanche Sully. You can view him at www.harvesteating.com and sign up for his free membership where you will have access to his kitchen and lots of great recipes. He talks about why he went with the Lacanche.

Some other cons are small oven size which makes it difficult to have convection and no oven light or self-cleaning feature.

As far as oven temperature, what I have learned from Art Culinaire is that sometimes when shipped from France directly to you (which is most of the ranges), the ovens are not calibrated properly. They do not want you to live with the range by adjusting your temperature up or down, but to contact them and they will send out an appliance serviceman to calibrate them correctly.

Having just received my Cluny 1400 recently (not in use yet), I can tell you that the aesthetics live up to the pics. You will have a tough time not being sucked in ;)

o

Yes, after a month with our Cluny 1400, I'd concur that oven temp is not a big deal. Like any oven, it can be recalibrated, with a somewhat time consuming but easy procedure that is painstakingly outlined on the AC website. I think some of the issues were initially raised by posters who did not understand that ovens work by intermittently kicking the heating elements on and off, and that the instantaneous temperature in a correctly functioning oven will cycle up and down 25 to 50 degrees. The LC is no different.

If I try to take an unbiased critical look at the LC so far, I'd say the things I'm less than enamored of include:

1) Oven size. Nobody argues that the Cluny ovens are huge. For me, happiness was really dependent on our installing a separate single 30'' Miele wall oven, which I use a ton, more than the LC ovens. For those who are going only with the smaller (i.e. Cluny sized) ovens, be sure that is not an issue. For example, the only way to use a half sheet pan is to rest the back of it on the raised rear edge of the rack, which puts it directly into contact with the back of the oven. Doable, just kludgy.
2) Despite adjusting the supports, I'm still not delighted with how hard it is to move the oven and warming cabinet racks in and out. Lots of metal grinding on metal noise. Others have noted this before, and I hope there are suggestions out there for reducing it.
3) Love the capacity and ease of use of the warming cabinet, but so far it does not seem to maintain moisture levels the way a modern warming drawer does. I'm contemplating putting a pan of hot water in there to see if that helps.

So, what's the upshot? I LOVE this range. Minor issues notwithstanding, this is an object of desire for me--and now that I'm cooking on it, it's not just idolizing from afar. It is gorgeous for sure, and just speaks and feels of old time craftsmanship before the age of electronics. I love the burner capabilities and arrangement and would never trade my "each burner does something very well" layout for a "believe it or not, my 22K BTU burner also can simmer a 6'' diameter pan" theory.

It's NOT for everyone. There are plenty of BS and Wolf fans out there who are just as fanatical about their ranges as I am about mine (and they've abused me on GW to prove it!). Best idea is to see one in the flesh, and between AC and folks here on GW there's a reasonable chance that could be arranged. On the other hand, I like many others bought sight unseen and have been absolutely satisfied.

o

You know, oven temperature fluctuates. Lower part of the oven is cooler, top part is hotter. That's oven operation in general. Every time I start getting concerned, I put my old analog oven thermometer in there & viola, I've got good oven temp.

Most recently, I ran across this "issue" while baking peanut butter cookies in my electric oven. The recipe stated 350 degrees, 8 minutes. Well, I had melted ingredients, but not cookies. You know what. I didn't like that recipe anyways. Went to another recipe, it was 350 for 12 minutes - I did 13 & the cookies were perfect.

I baked the cookies mid-rack with a turn (I didn't get convection).

I, too, am occasionally concerned about oven temp, but I'm not so sure there's not an issue with recipes. Another point, when I was using a digital thermometer, it was so sensetive I had a hard time figuring out the averaging sometimes. I just went back to one of those old fashioned analog thermometers & hang it from the rack whenever I get paranoid.

As far as the gas oven goes, I had the Art Culinaire people come by within my first year. We should always use our vents whenever we're using our gas - either stove or oven.

I still love my range. It's thoroughly "trashed" at the end of binge cooking & baking, but still looks beautiful. It's a solid piece, comfortable to work at, with & around. We certainly enjoy the food coming out of there. (No, I don't worry about not having a super-clean oven)

o

Thanks everyone for your feedback and info. I was able to get the Diane Morgan video and Keith Snow's article on Lacanche (thanks pluckymama!). Kind of ironic that he lives about 30 minutes from me. :-) Anyway, I really appreciate your input. We are still in the decision-making phase, so I'll be checking back periodically.

o

Hi! I just joined GardenWeb because of the Lacanche threads... I keep checking for updates on the Lacanche installations and would love to see photos!

We just ordered a black traditional Cluny--ETA March.

It would be great to also see photos of any and all Lacanches to feed my anticipation over the next few months, and a fun way to catch up on all the member kitchen renovation and cooking stories from the past few years. I have read through many past threads, which really helped us decide on the Cluny....but want more photos :)

Thanks!
Amelia

o

Welcome, Pianocook!

We will be installing our black Cluny in the next couple of weeks. Wood flooring has finally gone down so appliances will be installed shortly. There is no doubt that I will unabashedly be posting pictures... you all may have to say, all right already!

o

Backsplash tile is finally in and tile guys are tentatively scheduled for next week, if electrician can confirm for pendant fixtures we are done and pix should follow.

Pianocook: Congrats on the Cluny. This is a fun crowd to hang out with: we'll all be waiting with you for March.

o

Welcome Pianocook! Congrats on the Cluny. Our black Cluny 1400 is awaiting installation Friday (keep your fingers crossed) if all goes well. Then we shall keep rolling along with counters, etc.. and hopefully be done by Thanksgiving.

Wascolette and Clinresga, sounds like it is all coming together for you and look forward to the pics from everyone. November is going to be a big Lacanche month on GW :)

o

Hi all,
I just wanted to pass on that I have found what I consider to be the perfect pan for the Cluny ovens: a 14 x 14 x 2" square pan of heavy aluminum with a 1/2" flat edge on all four sides, made by Magic Line of Gardena, CA:

http://www.parrishsmagicline.com/sys-tm ... formation/

I purchased mine at a local Sur La Table store, but found it on their website:

http://www.surlatable.com/product/kitch ... cks&page=1

This pan is almost the same square footage of a traditional half-sheet pan ( nominal 13 x 18"), which doesn't allow good air circulation front and back in the Cluny oven, requiring more turning of the sheet during cooking/baking. Plus, the 14 x 14" Magic Line, made to produce a square cake, doesn't require use of the baking rack at all, because the 1/2" flat edge slides on the rails built into the oven very neat and easy.

I use this new pan for roasting veggies, etc. and it is just what I have been looking for to optimize the use of my Cluny.

I hope this is helpful to other cooks out there!
kitchengirl

Here is a link that might be useful: Sur La Table

o

Kitchengirl.
Nice find! Is it item #3716 for $24.95? TIA

o

Pluckymama, will you be making special Halloween treats today? Hope the installation went smoothly!

Cin

o

No Halloween treats. So much still needs to get done and the kitchen is still a mess under construction. But we are slowly getting there.

Kitchengirl - thanks for the link and the info on the pan.

o

ysop: Yes, exactly. I tried another link below for the specific item; hopefully it will take people right there.
kitchengirl

Here is a link that might be useful: Magicline 14x14x2

o

Do you have to use the wall spacer or the island spacer?

We are installing our Cluny, finally. A couple years ago when I ordered it I had chosen to have the island spacer instead because I didn't want to see the stainless steel wall spacer. Didn't figure in that the island spacer is going to cause the range to be at least two inches past the counters.

Is it absolutely necessary to use either of these? What have you all done?

o

You must use one of the spacers for fire safety. Both will cause the range to stick out 2 inches past the counters which if you look at other people's pics, isn't really a problem. We used the island spacer as we want to tile down to the range for our backsplash. Check out the Lacanche gallery pics on the AC website to see how both look.

o

We used island spacer as we wanted our backsplash to show, not a big expanse of stainless steel. We're very happy that we chose to do so.

All the specs posted on the frenchranges.com website show a roughly 3'' space necessary to install a spacer. This has been discussed in earlier threads, I believe, but I'm virtually certain that you have to have that clearance behind the range to allow ventilation. I do not believe it's safe to push it flush with the wall, so with either spacer, or for that matter, with no spacer, your range will still need to be pushed out, away from the wall.

Is your countertop in alredy? If not, it may be simple to bump it out a bit to line up better. If it's already in, I suspect the difference is not that great, doubt it will be a big issue.

o
hi plucky

plucky: you and I posted pretty much identical posts simultaneously. Island spacer was the way to go. I hated to part with the standard spacer, seemed like a huge piece of SS to discard. Offered to send it back to AC (if they paid shipping) but they were not interested! Anyone need a spacer :-)

o
RE: Lacanche oven racks

Hi all:
This is an old topic that I'm resurrecting, mostly for my interest. There's a longstanding recognition that the oven racks (and warming cabinet racks) do not slide in and out smoothly the way that they do in, for example, our Miele wall oven (let alone the ball bearing ZET's and Wolf models). I went with our Cluny 1400 knowing full well that this was the case. Still, I'm interested to see how ours compares to others. My racks are pretty much impossible to pull out if there is anything of any weight on them. I've learned to just reach in and grab the pot or pan directly. Is that what you all experience too? I've readjusted the side supports per the AC video, and Gregg at AC does not have any other ideas. It's not a big deal, and I'm still delighted with our range, but I wondered if anyone else had any suggestions.

o

My burgundy red Cluny 1400 will be installed this month...yay! I'll post pics here and/or on the kitchen forum when she's settled in her new home. I think I'll name her "Bordeaux"...or "Brigitte Bordeaux"...lemme think 'bout that one!

Also, I just discovered yelp.com where you can write reviews on different businesses...mostly restaurants, but other stuff too. I just wrote the first review on Art Culinaire (click on link below to read):

Here is a link that might be useful: Art Culinaire on Yelp

o

So great to see more folks joining in the Lacanche party. it really is the best thing in our kitchen and we still (two years later, or gosh is it three?) absolutely love it, and use it hard.

I do agree with you clinresga about the oven racks. I hardly ever move them anymore. Luckily, reaching in is no big deal (beacuse the ovens are smaller??), so that's what I usually do, reach in slightly and get out what what's in there. With a Le Creuset full of food in there, forget it, no way am I going to roll those racks.

o

pirula: that's funny, it was our Le Creuset dutch oven in there that precipitated my revival of this question. The rack was pretty much welded in place by that much weight. Mostly I wanted to be sure it wasn't just my range that was this way. Still, hopefully some day someone will find some silicone based high temp lubricant or the like. Til then, I just reach in like you.

Still love the range.

o

clinresga,

We're not using our cluny yet, but I checked our racks and they slide very smoothly and easily in both ovens and in the warming cupboard. I'm surprised by this after reading all the posts. When I get a chance I'll take a pic of the inside racks and you can compare to see if yours are similar of if perhaps they updated them. I didn't get my range until mid Sept.

o

Plucky: thanks, I'd love to see that. Wnen you get a chance, put something heavy on the rack and see if it still slides. That is where mine really bind up.

o

Our Cluny is finally installed after 2 years living in the garage. It is quite beautiful. I tried my old roasting pan and it doesn't fit. I need to go get a new one before Thanksgiving. Any suggestions?

o

Clinresga,

Heavy stuff is still packed up. But baked packaged cookie dough last evening and racks slid easily with the cookie pan on them (not very heavy). Hopefully, this very slow remodel will be finished in time for me to try something heavy for Thanksgiving.

o

Been a while since I've been on this forum (matte black Cluny 1400 owner here) --

I purchased the Lacanche for it's looks (yes, I will admit). I'm no chef but my husband really enjoys cooking on it! We are going to be home for the first time this Thanksgiving (our Cluny 1400 is 2.5 years installed) and we've never done a turkey in the ovens. I think this is a no-brainer but we should use the gas oven for roasting the bird, right?

How large a bird have people done in their Cluny ovens? I would like to go as big as I can but don't need a huge bird either. Any other advice?

Thanks everyone!

o

wascolette: We have a 16" X 13" X 3" all-clad roasting pan. It fits snuggly!

azdreamhome: we have a small family, just 4-6 for thanksgiving so we typically do a 14 pounder.

Joe

Here is a link that might be useful: all-clad roasting pan

o

I was trying to find a recent picture of our counter bump out to share but they're all construction photo's. But in this one, look at the lower corner on the left side, where you can see the corner of our cluny 1400 and the counter bump out. We did this to avoid having a hip injury every time you wak ast the range...and we love it :)

o

igloochic - thanks for posting those pics. Is it just your counter that bumps out or do you have a cabinet filler under that? I'm trying to decide how to handle this issue with our Cluny. We are still in the design phase (sigh).

o

That row of cabinets (the stainless section L shape with stove and sink) is bumped out to 27" (cabinets are custom built at that debth). The additional little jag out is not bumped out further. I added that detail later after we saw how the stove looked with the substraite. The handles out front really stood out and I could just see my clumsy self hitting my hip on them constantly, or the little one banging his head. The little pieces that bump out are 5" wide, 3 of that is the flat portion and the other 2 forms the angle. They really look good and don't look like they're missing a piece of molding below them imo.

o

joeboldt--
Ah. I can see why the AllClad would work. The handles are straight up instead of out. I did get a roaster over the weekend but it doesn't fit because of the handles. I really don't want to spend that much for a roaster, but I just may have to if I can't find anything else that fits.

Does anyone else have suggestions about a roasting pan that will fit in the cluny oven?

o

Pluckymama, have you used your cooktop yet or just the ovens? I'm interest in your experience with the simmerplate. DH is inclined toward one, but I'm wondering if we'll actually use it or miss having the extra standard burner. Thanks!

Cin

o

joeboldt -- thanks! We have the same All Clad pan. Just popped it in the gas oven, fits nicely. You say 14 pounds is the highest you have gone with that size pan (the smaller All Clad)? Our handles go straight up also.

igloochic - love your kitchen and view! Oh yeah, the Cluny 1400 is nice also...! (smile)

(Matte Black 1400 owner)

o

joeboldt and azdream,

The AllClad roaster you have, is it the one with the non-stick insides? Wondering how that affects making gravy?

o

Cluny finally installed after living 2 years in the garage. Wish I would have thought about customizing the cabinets to make them deeper so Cluny would be flush with cabinets. Oh well. I still think it is lovely, and sometimes, while I know it's not really alive, I get the feeling it's gloating.

I took this at night. I will take more pictures when the kitchen is finished. Still have to paint the corbels on the island, finish toe kicks, etc. etc. All those myriads of little things to finish.

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

cinamon,
I haven't used the cooktop yet, but I will tell you my thoughts since the Cluny 1400 has both the big burner and the simmer plate. Underneath the simmer plate is the big burner and the simmer plate though heavy can be removed. So if you go with the simmer plate you have the advantage of having both types. You could leave the simmer plate off until you need it and then place it over the burner.

wascolette,
Your kitchen is absolutely perfect. I can see the relief on your Cluny's beautiful face to finally be in her home ready for action! Your soapstone, your marble, your cabs, your backsplash, your floors look so perfect with your Lacanche. I can't wait to see your finished pics on the kitchens forum and read all the details. And I don't think the Cluny looks bad sticking out, of course, mine sticks out too! Can you tell me which tile you used for your backsplash?

o

Hi plucky,
I thought there was just the burner hob underneath the simmer plate. I hadn't realized there was a cooking grate beneath the simmer plate that one could put pots on. That does change things a bit. Thank you for the information.

o

cinamon:

There is no grate under the French top, just a burner. You can easily use the burner by removing the center section of the French top, but the entire plate gets hot as a result. You can purchase the central grate separately from Lacanche if you want the best of both worlds. That's what we're doing. We absolutely love our French top and are glad we have it. But after two years of cooking on our baby, we're ready to have the option to use the middle burner without heating up the whole plate.

You'll note, French top owners, that there's a larger space within the burner in the center. That has something to do with the simmer plate design. Not a big deal. But you do have to be very careful about spillage if you use the center burner without the simmer plate.

I also found that the all-clad roaster fits, period. I was very fortunate. I only had to replace cookie sheets to fit the Cluny, and I needed new ones desparately anyway.

Beautiful new Cluny kitchen!

o

Thank you, Plucky. The backsplash tiles are handmade. At the tile shop they didn't have a vendor name attached to them. I know it's a local shop. They are all a little different thus giving it that uneven look. Before I post my finished kitchen I'll go to the tile store and ask about mfg.

Plucky, are you cooking a turkey in your Cluny this year? What kind of pan are you using? Do you place it directly on the bottom of the oven or over the drip pan or what?

o

azdreamhome:14 pounds is the largest turkey we have done, but it looks like you could put a bigger bird in there if you wanted to. That is also the larger all-clad.

wascolette: I agree that the roaster is expensive for what it does. I have the non stick version. I don't think it makes much difference for gravy. We typically make stock out of the neck and internals and combine that with the pan juices for gravy.

o

Ohhhh, I see, the 1400 comes with the grate. Just like you wrote. Only I can't read. Silly me.

That's pretty neat.

o

pirula, thank you for the information. It sounds like the set up is how I envisioned. I'm concerned that it would be easy for the klutz of the house (I'll let you guess who that might be) to get burned on the simmer plate while using the center high-powered burner for things like boiling water. I think we'll need to think about the options some more.

wascolette, your kitchen (and Cluny) are lovely!

o

Thank you, Joeboldt. I was hoping you would say you had the non-stick roaster. On the cooking forum when I asked about the non-stick roasters most of the responses were against them saying they don't make good gravy. So it's good to know that they do. I was able to find a roaster that looks and feels almost exactly like the All-Clad 16x13x3, but was only $49.95 at Crate & Barrell. Having the straight up handles is what makes all the difference.

One more question. Do you place the roaster right on the floor of the gas oven or do you put it on the drip pan or a rack?

o

wascolette, no turkey this Thanksgiving, but hopefully for Christmas. I'm not sure how I'll do it, but will experiment as soon as the kitchen is up and running, soon...

cinamom, Joeboldt might be able to help you with the decision as to whether to go with the simmer plate or not. I believe he has the Cluny w/the simmer plate. With the 1400, I have both and I configured the simmer plate over the warming cupboard so I won't be reaching over it. Being that I haven't used it yet, I can't comment on how it works. But I have lifted it off (it's heavy) and if you got the extra grate from AC, you could have it when you needed it. I don't think it would be something you would use everyday like you would the big burner, but who knows, once it's in use, I may report back differently. I just can't wait to be done and cooking again!

o

Joeboldt, do you have any wisdom to share about the simmer plate?

pirula, do you find that bringing pots up to high heat takes longer because of having to heat the heavy plate first?

I'm starting to wonder if I might prefer the Classique grate instead. "Spillage" can be quite an issue in this house and I'm not sure I want to have to take extra care with the plate hob.

o

wascolette: I put mine on a rack - lowest place. Never thought about putting it directly on the oven floor.

cinamom: Do you mean the french top? I always had these visions of using it to slow cook stuff. However, even at it's lowest setting, it eventually gets too hot to maintain a low simmer. I almost always use my oven set on low for that sort of thing. OTOH, it is a great landing area!

o

Hello Everyone!

I get my cluny Tuesday YEA! Boy did that go fast. My sweet husband is madly trying to get the kitchen ready, he wants it just right. Art Culinaire has been very helpful every step of the way. I am so truly in love with them. We will be cooking christmas dinner so we have plenty of time to get ready. I think....

I asked Culinaire about oven calibration as I have been worried about it, well not that worried. But thought maybe I should put this in for new people. As you all probably know all this already I'll just briefly mention what they told me. Since I live in CA and Art Culinaire is in Washington the oven is shipped to them from France first. They then calibrate the oven etc. to US Standards then ship it to me. Apparently I should have no issues. But all you east coast people you get the ovens directly from France, right? I never knew what that meant until recently. I had thought you were ordering the ovens on your own without Art Culinaire? LOL Is this right so far?? So hence the off calibration of the oven. Again you probably know all this but they also said they will be opening a place on the east coast or somewhere that direction in the future so all ovens go to them first so they can prepare them to US standards and prevent any calibration problems when you receive your oven in the future. Ok, now do I have all this right cause you guys are the experts. LOL I found this pretty interesting. But I do wonder if any one has had any problems after it comes from Art Culinaire anyway?

clinresga,
About oven racks not sliding out very easily. Since I don't have my oven yet to experiment I obviously can't help you their but I do have that issue with my old commercial us oven. I get a clean cloth or rag of some sort and rub cooking oil that can take high heat along the side of the rack only. That's it. Believe it or not it has always worked well. But you do have to keep it up from time to time, it doesn't last. And again I don't know about Lacanche ovens and how they are so maybe that's not what the issue or problem is and won't be that easy. Let me know if it is more than that I'd be curious.

Amelia,
Congratulations! I know how you feel. Time will go fast!

igloochic,
Love that VIEW! Such a stunning kitchen. Love the touches of black throughout.

Thank you all for sharing your photo's as always love love to see them.

Terry

o

plucky, cinamom, pirula:
OK, now I'm confused. We have a 1400, configured like plucky's with the French top AKA simmer plate over the warming cabinet. We definitely did NOT receive a grate that sits underneath the simmer plate, as cinamom and then pirula suggested there was. For those who have one: is it an option you purchased? Is it just another grate like the one over the Classique hob, or is it something that actually fits under the simmer plate?

Second question: pirula, you say that there is larger space within the burner in the center of your simmer plate burner. I'm not quite sure what you mean. On my 1400, if you remove the brass cap from the burner, underneath is a round aluminum piece with a small hole in the center where the gas comes through. If you lift that off, under my simmer plate there is just sheet metal with a hole just big enough to let the gas inlet pipe through. I see no particular gap that would be a big issue with spillage.

In contrast, under my center Classique hob, there is the same aluminum piece, but if you lift that, there is a large 4-5'' hole, spanned by a bar that holds the gas inlet tube. That might actually present more of a spillage issue, I suppose. If that's what your referring to, it may relate more to the location of the burner rather than what type of hob as mine appears backwards from yours. So, given that, should I order a grate for the simmer top burner? I can definitely thing of times that two 18K burners would be nice.

o

I never said there's a center grate under the French top. I said quite the opposite. You can have both. I ordered mine with a French top, then ordered a center grate separately later.

The space I'm talking about is in the stainless steel. You don't have to remove the brass hob to see it. If you look at your side burners, the stainless runs all the way into the burner. The center burner that comes with the French top has a gap between the stainless and the hob. No biggie, just don't spill.

Apparently, if you order with the grate vice the French top, the gap is eliminated.

o

Sorry to cause such confusion. I am looking at the Volnay so will only have one 18k hob. We need to decide whether to go with the Traditional or Classique top and I'm trying to figure out which makes more sense for our needs. We both prefer the aesthetics of the Traditional french top, but don't know how we would like it in practice.

joebolt- Yes, I was calling the "Traditional" french top a simmer plate and am trying to get an idea of what people who have it think of it and how they use it. I, too, use the oven for slower type cooking. I envision us using the high power burner mostly for bringing water to boil and stirfrying, but dh has been known to occasionally slave for hours over a demiglace. I wonder if having the french top for the 18k burner would make the power burner less assessible for our primary usage.

clinresga, I think you misread what was said about the french top. My understanding is that one may purchase a grate (like the one over the Classique hob) to use on the french top burner, but would remove the french top in order to do so.

Thanks everyone for your input!

o

Well, I'll tell you, as much as we like the French top when we do use it, and as invaluable as it is for parties, when the top essentially can simulate about five or six burners depending on the size of the pots, we really don't use it all that often. I'd guess probably 30 times a year? Total swag, but that seems about right.

In light of that, we decided to order the grate so that we can use the center burner alot more often than we do. The 15K burner has been fine for boiling water, but why use it when we can use the 18K? So, now we will. And when we need the French top, we have that too. The top is also a great spot for putting hot pots when you take them off the stove. Especially with heavy Le Creusets, you know, it's right THERE.

The best of both worlds of course, would be that glorious 1400 that has space for both the French top and a separate 18K burner with a grate. But alas, I didn't have the space.

I am glad we got the French top and I'd get it again, but it's not something we use a very regular basis.

o

pirula: thanks for all your clarifications. My 1400 seems to be constructed somewhat differently but we're on the same page when it comes to the french top. We do have one of each with the 1400 but we definitely use the burner more than the French top. Part of that is because we're new to the range and haven't had a chance to work with the french top much, but particularly as it appears to run hotter than, say, a true Aga, and thus is not as useful for very low temp simmering, which is what I would have anticipated using it for, we may go ahead and order a second grill for it so we'd have two 18K burners, say for the big T'giving crowd. Still, we're very happy with the range.

PS: we enjoyed the link to Chef Keith Snow's website in the newsletter just sent out by AC, and I actually did his fingerling potato recipe last night. He has a Sully in the studio kitchen (drool) and has raved about it on his blog.

o

I posted over on another LaCanche thread, asking for photos - but since have found you all over here. The kitchens - good grief - are gorgeous, and of course, your ranges - perfect. Just a quick suggestion regarding the "sticky" racks. Pam and other manu. are making high temp cooking spray. It has a bit more silicon, I think. it might work for the racks, as it should last a little longer than reg. cooking oils. Do I remember reading long ago that a little steel wool (OOO) helps? Don't try this without approval from AC or others....

Mary

o

Thank you all for your experiences with the french top. I guess we just need to figure which option best meets our cooking habits. With luck, this will be our last Thanksgiving with our woefully inadequate Jenn-air.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Cin

o

>>Pam and other manu. are making high temp cooking spray. It has a bit more silicon, I think. it might work for the racks, as it should last a little longer than reg. cooking oils<<

Ummm....I don't think you want to eat silicon in anything! The high-heat Pam spray is based on liquid palm oil.

o

Aaah! OK, it's the night before Thanksgiving, our first with our Cluny 1400, and all of a sudden, the ignitors stop working on all burners! There's still power to the range, and the electric oven is still working, but none of the burners "click" when turned to the ignite position. We can of course manually ignite them, but what a pain! Does anyone have any thoughts? I've got an email out to Art Culinaire but of course won't get a reply until after the holiday. Oh well, matches, here we come.

o
RE: ignitors

Well, at least it's reassuring that at 10pm EST I got an email from Chelsea expressing her concern and promising that they'll deal with this asap. An annoying (and now, intermittent) problem, but not devastating, and boy do I appreciate getting feedback like that. Doubt any other range manufacturer is checking emails late the night before Thanksgiving! I'll keep everyone updated.

o

clinresga,
I am so sorry. How disappointing. Glad to know Chelsea is on top of it. We will unfortunately be eating out tomorrow as our kitchen remodel has had several delays. But should be cooking for Christmas. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

o

Clinresga,
Just checking in w/you to see what happened with your Lacanche? Did your Thanksgiving meal work out? Has the range been repaired?

o

Not bad enough to stop us from the usual frenetic Turkey Day prep. It turns out to be a very intermittent issue: happened a few times then starts working again. I'm e-corresponding with Greg at AC and hoping to hear more about what the next step will be. Meal was fun, food good though as always I resolve to cut back a dish or two next year to reduce the last minute frantic rush. Stove was great though and continue to love it.

o

Finally we have a finshed picture of our baby:

It's hard to take one head on because the kitchen isn't big enough...

I baked two of each pie for the holiday and did notice that the gas stove cooks faster than the electric at the same temperature. But it wasn't so bad that cooking times were too far off. It was fun to finally get to cook on her...but not as much fun as watching DH cook (he's the main cook in the house). He loves every bit of this stove....if we ever divorce (unlikely) it will be a race to the divorce attorney to see who claims the stove first LOL

o

Oh boy: now I really need to get our pix out. I am SO blown away by your kitchen! VERY different from ours (as you'll see if I ever get pix done) but I love it just the same. In the end, I think a lot of it is whether you can feel a sense of care and commitment in how a kitchen goes together, more than any specific style. And do I sense that about this kitchen of yours. Congrats. As you saw above, we're still working out a few kinks, but we are loving cooking on the range, especially with our incredibly efficient vent hood. So, when's the next kitchen going up?

o

Igloo that is beautiful.....

May I ask what the dimensions of your kitchen are please?

Thanks!

o
AC rules!

I love my range, but an equally big part of this is how happy I am with Art Culinaire. Some of you saw my Thanksgiving eve post about losing the igniters on our Cluny. I emailed AC that night just to be first in line after the holiday, but got an email back that night from Chelsea at 10pm saying that they would take care of things.

The problem turned out to be intermittent. Gregg at AC contacted me as promised, suggested some possible culprits, and authorized a service call. However, we've held off as the problem has not recurred since the Sunday after T-giving.

So, I'm already very happy with AC's response, when lo and behold in today's UPS delivery are two bottles of wine from Chelsea to make up for the problem happening on Thanksgiving. Man, that's the way to keep me happy!

Bottom line: can you imagine anyone at Wolf, or Viking, or Williams Sonoma (if you got an Aga) sending wine as an apology? It is so nice having personal contacts at AC who know me, my range, and who are dedicated to making it a wonderful experience.

So, apologies for the unpaid advertisement, but boy am I happy with my Lacanche!

o

Hi

My husband and I just took delivery of our new portuguese blue Lacanche. We are so excited we opened the crate took a peek and had to close it back up as we are waiting for our house renovation to catch up. I have read all the posting I can't wait to turn it on. Happy new year! JuJu

o

Wow: new color for me. Pictures please!!!

o

Unfortunately, it is all crated up again. Portuguese Blue is slightly lighter than French blue. It is a Sully 1800. We can't wait ti fire it up. We are planning on using subway tiles with a few antique Delft tiles mixed in as the backsplash.

Jim

o
1 year and a half later...the verdict.

It's been a while since I've posted to this thread..too busy cooking! Ha! We started using our Sully+2 the summer of '07 and I've had a chance to try all sorts of things with it.

I opted for a Sully with two warming cabinets, Two ovens, one gas the other electric convection, on the stovetop, one big burner, two normal, a french cooktop and an electric griddle.

I use the warming cabinets a lot, more than I thought I would so I can highly recommend them if you are on the fence about them. I dont use the French cooktop as much as I thought I would but it comes in really handy when it is put into service, keeping sauces warm, an extra burner, multiple pots and pans in action on it..etc. The one thing that I am torn about is the griddle. I pretty much only use it for pancakes and french toast, once it heats up (15-20 minutes) it works great but for anything other than the breakfast thing it is an absolute bear to clean. So if I were to do it again, I think I would get two burners and the Lacanche cast iron griddle to put on top of them.

LOVE the gas oven...I've been making amazing roasts of all kinds...beef, birds...it cooks great...cleaning it is a pain but that's another story. I'm not 100% sold on the convection oven...you cant turn off the convection function which would have been nice...things cook unevenly...you have to turn it lest the side facing the fans overcooks...but I don't know if this is part of the whole convection oven experience in general or unique to the Lacanche.

I haven't figured out how to set the temperature for it for cakes and other baked goods, do you just turn down the temp 25%, less cooking time?...still experimenting to find the sweet spot. It does make REALLY good pizzas though....

But the verdict is that it is a sweet cooking machine, old school analog that looks fantastic and produces wonderful food for friends and family. We had 20 adults and 8 children over for a sit down lunch this past fall...Two six rib standing rib roasts a couple of sides, bernaise sauce made at the moment...and 5 kilos of baked chicken wings with an spicy asian ginger glaze for the kids..Dessert was caramelized pears and apples done on the stovetop with spices over ice cream. All followed by drinks in the study...

The kitchen was humming the wine was flowing and the Sully was performing like it was designed to....Passed that test with flying colors. Woo!

o

Hi Drec1500--sounds fun! I'm in the "doing the dishes in the bathtub" phase still, so am hungering for photos of Lacanche in Action! Can you post a photo of your Sully, including all patina? And all you others out there, too....? I know there's a thread out there called "Kitchens in Action" and it would be great to see all the Lacanche cooks out there post LCs doing their jobs :)
Thanks!

o

I just created a Lacanche group and would like to invite everyone to join and post pics of their Lacanche...I will have photos taken of mine soon! Believe it or not, she's still in the garage. :(

Soon, baby, soon!

Here is a link that might be useful: The Lacanche Group

o

Sorry! I just realized that since it's a new domain name, it can take up to 72 hours to be "live" in all parts of the world. It's live where I am, but I already heard from others that they couldn't see it yet, either...sorry!

Keeping my fingers crossed that the new website will be live soon for everyone. :)

Aloha,
Leilani

o

Okay, the site is working now (yay!) and here's the link to the Lacanche group:

Here is a link that might be useful: Lacanche Group

o

I just received my Volnay. Could anyone tell me what depth hood they installed? I'd like to do a 24" and not a 27". Is that ok? Thanks.

o

We used a 24'' deep hood liner, but it sits in a large alcove that completely surrounds the range. As a result, it pushes out an additional 4'' or so as it's not mounted totally flush with the backsplash, giving us better coverage. We also went with a markedly overwidth hood--it's 64'' over the 55'' Cluny 1400, and then that in turn is surrounded by the ceiling and walls of the alcove. I love it, as it totally controls even the smokiest/smelliest cooking I can do with absolutely nothing escaping.

The 24'', if mounted directly against the back wall, will only just barely cover the front burners. It's adequate but not optimal. It's a tradeoff between ventilation performance and aesthetics, as well as the bump your head issue.

o

Thanks, Clinresga. We're not very tall, so our heads should be safe with the 27" deoth. Also, the base cabs are 26" and the wall cabs are 13", so the extra 3" shouldn't be too noticable. I really want the best ventilation I can get, so I think we'll go with the 27".

o

cheri: what brand of hood and model are you buying?

We used Modern Aire, in part because for a very modest upcharge we were able to specify completely custom dimensions for our liner. Thus, we could go 64'' wide, NOT a typical off the shelf width. In your case, you could, for example, compromise with a 26'' depth to match the base cabs. It also allows you to compensate for the weird (in the US) width of the LC ranges. Since a Volnay is 39 3/8'' wide, and looking for a minimum of 6'' extra width gets you to a pretty strange width of about 46'', easily done with a custom hood again. But, this is my usual rant on MA hoods (along with the value of remote blowers with silencers) so take it FWIW.

o

We're actually going with a Rangecraft. We can't go any wider than 42" because the cabinets are already done. We had originally intended to use a Prestige hood so custom sizing wasn't an option and I thought 48" would use up too much of my wall space. In retrospect, it may have been a better design all the way round but too late now. I will look into having the depth made a tad smaller, though. Thanks for the tip because I wouldn't have thought of that.

o

I think 42'' will work fine. Not optimal, but you do get some added "quasi-capture" from the cabinets on either side of the hood acting as vertical wall elements. If you can push out to a 26'' or 27'' depth, that would partially compensate for the narrower width. Should be nice.

PS: I just posted some old pix on another ventilation thread which shows our Cluny. They are still out of date, taken before backsplash went in, but at least they show the range. See the link below.

Post pix of yours asap!

Here is a link that might be useful: Hood for induction

o

Clinresga, I've seen (and drooled over) your set up many times and read all your hood posts while researching a hood. Your space is amazing...almost the size as my whole kitchen. I have two questions: How high is your hood mounted from the floor and how are you liking your marble?

o

about 36'', high but OK given the config of the hood alcove.

Love it. Yes, it's etching but I'm over that now and it is beautiful--soft and warm, understated, timeless, and the opposite in my mind of cold, hard, speckly makes your eyes water granite (that should generate some flames).

o

Clinresga,
Any chance you're ready to show us some pics of that beautiful, understated, soft, warm marble along with your gorgeous frangipane Cluny1400? I've seen a few teasers but not the whole finished kitchen. We're still waiting on the backsplash and pendant lights, and a few other minor details and then I'll post pics of ours.

We are enjoying the range tremendously and since it's been up and running have only eaten out once! I second your advice on not skimping on the hood and making sure it's big enough. DH and I learned so much from your hood plans and ended up with a Best by Broan exterior blower with a hood that is 29 inches above our cooktop with 1500 cfm's. It's plenty powerful enough and pretty quiet, unless on full force, than it sounds like you're in an airport, but it gets rid of all the smoke and smells.

I'm so glad we went with the 1400. I use the warming cupboard almost every day. It is one of my favorite features. The range doors are sturdy without being heavy, but I agree that the underneath drawers could be more substantial. We got the french top, but haven't used it yet. Use the griddle all the time (that was an accessory) and are very pleased with the cooktop.

If I could improve the design, I would 1) make the inside oven doors less sharp around the edges when you open them 2) have the oven racks slide more easily 3) add lights that show when you have a burner on and 4) add oven lights. I bought an inexpensive oven liner for both ovens that can be put in the dishwasher, so I don't mind that it dosen't have self-cleaning ability. I've gotten used to the oven size and used it as an excuse to get some really nice pans from WS! At first, I was worried that we didn't have the extra wall oven with convection like you got, but can honestly say, haven't missed it. (Of course, I've never had a convection oven, so don't really know what it would be like. We did get a microwave with convection, but haven't used that feature yet.)

Anyway, I haven't chatted with you in a long time and saw your posts and wanted to say hi and see how you are enjoying your kitchen :)

o

Hi Everybody,

I am so happy that I found this site and thread. I bought a house that came with a Cluny. It is such a lovely range, but I am having some vexing problems with it and I am hoping some of you can help me out.

The issue is the electric oven. Actually there are a few issues but they may be related. First, the temp, in the back of the oven is markedly hotter than in the front. Second, a bad smell often comes from this oven and there is a lot of brown gunk on the thin chrome vent above the door (I don't have this on the gas side). I don't have a manual or anything. My husband has tried to adjust or refit the door, but no luck there, although we don't really know what we're doing!

Also, there is some rust both on the french top and the cookie sheets that I think came with the range. What is the best way to treat these? Is it normal that the FT is a big black mess (I don't mind it, just want to know if it was seasoned right and all).

OK, thanks a million!

o

Hi Lippi,
The smell is normal and will go away. LaCanche recommnends that before you use the oven, you need to run the ovens at a high temp for 30 minutes ( don't quote me since it has been 1.5 years since I got mine. ) to burn off the oily solution used to protect it during shipping. Also, what do you mean by French Top. Do you mean the burner tops? If so then blackening is normal. The Patina from the brass, changes color with use and I fell adds character.
As far as the ovens being hotter in the back,that is also normal since the oven is not a convection. ( which circulates air using the fan) I also experienced this when baking cookies. I find that I have to turn the cookie sheet 1/2 way through cooking. I would suggest going onto LaCanche's website and check out the support page.
http://www.frenchranges.com/req_support.php
On it, you can download manuals for support. Also their help desk is very good.
Hope this helps.

o

Hi lippi,

I have been waiting for someone else to give advice since my Vougeot is still in storage but I have experience with French tops from the French kitchens I have worked in. The top is only as messy as you let it be. Although it is normal to darken and stain, there are stones to polish it to like new and oils to keep it from rusting. Spills are always a problem and if you let them build up it just gets worse and harder to clean. Heat is conducted better when the French top is not covered with carbon.

It sounds like the persons before you did not care that well for the range and from the gunk story you tell they liked the electric oven much better than the gas side and never cleaned it. At work the convection oven will brown closer to the fan since that is where the heat comes in. Convection is really just a solution to loading every shelf with trays and have them all cook reasonably the same. Turning is common. If you load only one tray into the regular gas oven and there is sufficient room around the tray, it is reasonable to expect that to cook more evenly front to back than a situation where hot air is blown out of the back of the oven.

I hope this helps

o

Chef-Marty,
I've often wondered how you were doing and if you ever finished your kitchen? From your post, I see your Vougeot is still in storage, but I hope all is well and you will soon be cooking on your Lacanche. We are loving ours, but still working on the finishing touches for our kitchen. Your input was some of the inspiration I needed to make my decision and I just wanted to say thank you!

o

Hi pluckymama,

Thanks for remembering me. The work is forever continuing but now we are getting close. All of the doors and windows are being hand constructed and must be installed before the cabinets and then the black granite (yes, cold, hard, speckly makes your eyes water granite)then the tile and then the lacanche. I have been promised the finish to be by the end of April. They have been working on other parts of the house and not too much has been done to the kitchen. As soon as I have some kitchen pictures I'll get them on the site.

Hello to all my Lacanche friends.

Marty

o

Hi plucky: a belated reply to your request for information. I am a sluggard when it comes to posting pictures: the kitchen is 99.5% done, though unfortunately not 99.5% paid for (my contractor took the check for the countertop installers and used it himself, so we now have a lien on the house--waiting to see if contractor lives up to his vows to pay it off--but in this economy, finding work is awfully tough, so we'll see).

For some reason I have a very difficult time uploading pix to any online site, so I've not gotten around to it, but I will.

In the meantime, we too have been very happy with the 1400. We too find we use the warming cabinet all the time, love the large size as we can hold a lot there. Not as well-controlled from a humidity standpoint as a fancy warming drawer but much better than using an oven.

We also use the griddle regularly, and the french top very rarely. In fact, I just ordered a second set of grates that I can use over the French top burner, making into a second Classique-type open burner. For big meals, I've wanted the ability to, say, boil a big stockpot of pasta while searing at the same time. This gives me the ability to have two 18K BTU burners simultaneously.

I'd agree with your wish list, especially racks that would pull out. With a heavy pan, my racks are basically immobile, so I have to carefully work the pot out without burning hands. I do find I use the Miele wall oven as my first line, honestly mostly because it's easier to use--it's mounted at waist height so I can get in/out without stooping, and the racks glide well. Still I do use the LC ovens frequently and have no complaints--I knew they were smaller than standard and that doesnt bother me.

My other wish list is automatic gas flow flame sensors that would shut the gas off if the flame is extinguished. I have on one occasion found the simmer burner set on low with no flame. Fortunately did not blow up the house, but it makes me a tad nervous. I didn't really think about it until I realized recently that the European LC's apparently do have this feature, but Gregg at AC says they are completely different internally and the sensors cannot be retrofitted. Oh well, I just watch it carefully.

Still, overall I love this thing and love cooking on it. ^ months later, if offered the chance to swap it out for any comparably priced unit, I'd refuse in a nanosecond.

So, pix soon I hope and waiting for more from you.

o

clingresga, your comments about how you have been using the griddle/french top/burners is really nice information to have and particularly timely for me. I just minutes ago put down our deposit on the Volnay we've been drooling over and was wondering what, if any accessories I should add. I think the second set of grates just might be worthwhile for the type of cooking we are usually do. It may sound silly, but I feel kind of like I did when I found out I was pregnant with our daughter: really excited, but with just a tinge of "OMG, there's no going back now". :)

Thanks to you all for your generous sharing of your experiences. It made the decision making much easier.

o

Well, so far, our experience has been rewarding, like having the first child. Let's hope it stays more rewarding that the subsequent dealings with a teenager.

Re the grates: Gregg did suggest that you can heat a large pot on the French top by taking out the center round cover. I tried it, but could barely get the water up to a simmer, while the Classique burner had it boiling furiously in the same amount of time, so I think for my purposes the extra grates will be useful, esp when entertaining.

o

Hi all,

I have been following the Lacanche forums for a couple of years. We moved into our new home a year ago, and I wanted to share some pictures of our Cluny-inspired kitchen. It's a dream come true!

KRobson

kitchen-side2

kitchen-wide

kitchen-backsplash

o

Hello to Chef Marty and Ozzy and everyone:

First of all, thanks so much for your help to my post back in Feb. about the smell and gunk from my new-to-me Lacanche electric oven. I posted and then couldn't find this site again--I need to use bookmarks!

Ozzie, the smell is not the "new oven smell" because this is a used range. So maybe it just needs to be cleaned as Marty thought? Does this happen to you all when your oven needs cleaning?

Is there an easy place for me to find cleaning instructions, or do any of you have tried and true methods you like?

I was convinced that the door was not sealing right, and this is because of both the gunk and the really uneven temps. I've had ovens that I needed to flip sheets before, but this one is wild--if you let a cake go even a little longer than half baking time the top of the back side of it will just brown up way before it should. It seems TOO uneven to me, almost like the back of the oven is on and the front off, but perhaps it is the case that one just needs to be really diligent about flipping? This is a bit of a down-side for me, because I am often tending to multiple things while baking, but I guess I will need to start wearing a timer around and deal with it. I would love to hear more from you all if this corresponds to your experience just because I want to be sure my range is in good working order. (NB The electric oven is not a convection oven, does that change your previous opinion, Marty?)

As for the French Top, Marty if you have any information on the stones and oils and how one uses those I would love to hear. I don't need for it to be pristine, but do want it to heat well and efficiently. I have used some peanut oil on it just because it seems so prone to rust. Do they stay this way forever (prone to rust) or do they eventually build up a patina over time? Whatever the case, the FT is awesome for cooking! As is the gas oven which makes the best pizza and the bread is great, too. They make up for the problems on the electric side. I do need to use analog thermometers on both sides, again a little hassle but one I can live with. Better these issues than some crazy beeping computer (I really love the simplicity and tactility of the knobs), but I did come from a sweet little miele wall oven, and I have to say that for the pure pleasure of baking I did prefer it. Certainly more foolproof, anyway.

And one more question ... my husband thinks the gas smell seems too strong, just because it is stronger than other ranges we've experienced. Is this the case for you all? I mean, you don't want this thing on for a second without the hood ... same for you?

I'm glad to see so many love this range!

Thanks so much!

I think I might try to post some pictures to you guys at some point, but for now I'm glad just to have found the website...

o

Hi masol,

Yep, that's a door problem. Since I have yet to use my lacanche I am not really able to help too much but if there is a seal on that door, that is where i would start looking. Cold air coming in through this seal would cool off the front of the oven and explain the gunk above. If the door closes well, the hinges are probably OK and not bent from someone standing on the door or something stupid like that.

I haven't used a French top in years. Let me think.... I do not remember oiling them since it was in constant use and we did not really care if it was pristine, just sanitary. We did our black and blue steaks right on the cast iron. Peanut oil would be good in this case but will get gunky and black. Like our sharping stones, vegetable oil is not recomended since it gets thick like glue and on a heated metal, carbonized.

We used the same stones diners use to clean their griddles where they cook their eggs and pancakes. See your local restaurant supply house. If you do not cook right on the metal like we did, probably a very light coating of machine oil is best but will smell when you heat it up just like when it was new. That is what the factory does.

By the way, I am doing the opposite of our other friends. Since i will only use the French top from time to time. I am getting the big burner and a portable simmer plate instead of the regular French top and then extra grates. Fits my needs better and less to store.

Marty

o

Chefmarty: either scenario works pretty well. In my case, I keep the French top on routinely, with the stainless steel cover on, and use it as work space. In the less common situations where I need more than 5 burners, I can then just uncover the FT. I love using the SS cover as workspace as I can be totally confident it's heatproof and can dump things straight from burner or oven onto it. Then, if I need a second large burner, I swap out the FT for the extra set of grates we ordered.

In terms of storage, I figure it's a choice of storing the extra grates, or the portable simmer plate, not a huge difference in either weight or size. Now it's true that the LC came with the portable simmer plate anyway, but that's in the basement storage room since I can't really see needing it.

We are basically in agreement, that it's nice to have a second 18K burner at times, in preference over a FT, but I'm happy to have both options, just as you are.

PS: thanks for the advice on oiling the FT etc.

o

So is it really that simple to change from a FT to an 18k? Is there no difference in the basic stove? If I wanted to make the switch to a real FT I could? And also if you wanted to go from FT to 18k the stove will look like it was designed for it? Cool!

I can only offer these pictures of the kitchen being tiled right now. The wire coming out of the wall is where the Fornair hood will go. It is made by LC and will match the maroon glace and stainless steel perfectly. I have been promised that the house will be done (But not the land) by the end of April. Fortuantely Berloni (cabinets) has a 33% discount right now so I get to save SOMETHING. Whew! if I knew then what I know now would I have done it? At least I got out of the market when the gettin' was good.

bc5a

bc5b

o

Krobson-- your kitchen is so lovely. I especially love you backsplash behind your range. So pretty.

ChefMarty-- can't wait to see the finished kitchen & house when it's done!

We've been using our Cluny since last November. I really love it. The one thing I would do differently is I would have ordered 2 gas ovens instead of one gas and one electric. Although, now thinking about it, I don't even know if that is an option. I just hardly ever use the electric side. I grew up using gas ovens and this is my first time using electric. It works fine and I do like having the broiler, but when I did cookies I found them more dry somehow. Maybe I just need to get used to it.

o

wascolette,
I use the gas oven for meats and casseroles and the electric side for all my baking. I love both. How are you enjoying your beautiful kitchen you waited so long for?

Chefmarty, so excited to see the work being done on your kitchen. Yours is one I've been waiting to see and I'm really excited for you!

o

Plucky, I'm just loving our kitchen. Love cooking on the Cluny. I can't imagine any other range in its place. I noticed the link to my pictures that I previously posted was lost so posting pics again. How is your kitchen coming along? Is it all done?

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

wascolette: what a beautiful kitchen. Love the island, the way the arch frames the view of the kitchen, and of course the Cluny. Thanks for the pix.

plucky: how is it going? If you post pix, I'll post more.

o

All of your kitchens are absolutely beautiful. I WAS leaning towards AG Wolf/Bluestar but... these french ranges are gorgeous- the only problem is that I'm not sure if I have the space, everyone seems to have very large ranges. I only have the room for a 30" up to 36", but would prefer the extra counterspace beside the range- so that leaves me with 30". Any recommendations for this size in a french range. Any info would be helpful. Thank you in advance.

o

Hi wascolette. Nice job! I could work in peace in that kitchen.

Hi pluckymama. It has been a long long road. I can't believe that it will finally be reality. The LC should be delivered at the end of the month and installed after the counters in early May.

I appreciate the support from everyone.

Let's try to snag a new member! lamermaid. Here is a link to the cormatin page at Fench ranges. It is only about 28" and is so cute! It also comes in many stylish colors besides the predictable black, red, blue, geen etc. Lots of configurations also.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lacanche Cormatin at French Ranges

o

wascolette - Would you be willing to share the manuf. of your cabinets and sink/faucet? Beautiful kitchen!

o

So my fine family of french range lovers,

It looks like FINALLY I'm next. The cabinets go in this Thursday, the granite will be cut after they take the final measurements, the Lacanche will be delivered on the 18th and we arrive in Puglia on the 22nd. It can't be real because for 2 and a half years I've done very little but dream of my kitchen in the food basket of Italy and it never came...until now. What will it be like?

The builder has refused to send me any new photos to keep the suspense high. OK, I can take it. Sounds like fun to me.

I'll be back on the 8th of June. If I can get pics up before that I will but I will not have my computer with me.

Thanks for sharing the suspense with me!

o

Chef Marty: I love Lacanches in any kitchen, but the thought of a dream range in a dream kitchen in Puglia is just too much to contemplate. We are all collectively dying to see pix and live vicariously through you.

o

What's so terrible about these Lacanche threads is that once one looks at a 36" range, a 39" one isn't that much bigger, and would give one (me!) two ovens including (joy) an electric one. Too bad that comes at double the price of the already expensive Blue star I am leaning towards :-( A French range would of course have been fitting for me.

Cooking-wise (esp. burners) has someone done a real comparison of the two (LC vs BS)?

o

Chef-marty,
So excited for you. Your 2 1/2 years of waiting are almost over and soon you will be cooking up a storm on your beautiful Lacanche! So happy for you!

Frenchman, the Lacanche is expensive. I agree a french range would have been fitting considering your posting name. I think the main comparison done between the LC and BS is over the quality of the materials used and the craftsmanship of the LC and their amazing customer service. BS gives you some very powerful burners, but there have been some unhappy customers who have posted in the past about BS's lack of support, technical difficulties and standing behind their product, hopefully that has been resolved. I can only speak for the amazing support and customer care I have received from Art Culinaire who sells the Lacanche in USA. If you get a BS, I hope you are one who has a good experience, as those that do, rave about their range.

o

When I started planning my kitchen almost two years ago and found this forum, I was sold on Bluestar (I had a DCS dual fuel)but then decided on induction. I love induction but DH wanted fire and there were no decent induction ranges so we ended up getting a Lacanche Volnay...a very expensive impulse purchase that I've had second thoughts about since I sent AC the check many months ago. I still wasn't convinced we did the right thing after it was delivered.

Well, I cooked on it for the first time tonight (even though the kitchen's nowhere near finished) and all I can say is WOW!!!! I love, love, love it. Not only is it beautiful but the burners are wonderful. I finally understand what everyone was raving about. I actually felt excited about my new kitchen for the first time in a long time. Thank you to everyone here who enticed me to try it.

o

Love seeing the Lacanche thread get active again.

Chef Marty -- Thank you for the compliment. Waiting with held breath to see your spectacular kitchen.

frenchman --
It's been a few years since we paid for our Cluny. To tell you the truth I now forget how much it actually cost us until once in a while I run across a copy of the invoice. It's a splurge, yes, but well worth it. You'll have it for years and years and will hopefully forget how expensive it was.

cheri127 -- What a great experience for you! Not only is it beautiful but it is a work horse too! Enjoy.

sageabf -- Our cabinets were custom made by a local cabinet maker who also happens to be friends of ours. Great price. Great work. One draw back is that there are a few minor things he still needs to finish up months later. Oh well. Our sink is a Rohl 30" fireclay.

o

As a Lacanche novice, I'm still getting used to some of the differences between my Volnay and my old DCS but one thing that's really bothering me is how close to the front of the range I have to put my pans to have them centered on the front burners. The pan comes right to the edge and I get spattered and so does the floor. Are they all like this (ie. Cluny etc) and if so, please tell me I'll get used to it. I love the way the machine cooks but I may have to invest in a few aprons unless someone has some tips for me. Thanks.

o

So Finally everyone, I have cooked on my Lacanche! It did not change my life by itself but having my house in Italy might.

Might first impression and this relates directly to our new member cheril27, "If you buy professional equipment, you will make a professional mess!" I missed Luis and Raul as I cleaned the spattered olive oil off everthing. The stove is very to clean and did not mind it. In the outskirts where we are. we use bottled gas and the range made funny buzzing sounds like the sound effects they use when dipicting buzz bombs over London. The flames where very hot. I could only simmer on the smallest flame. I really like the simmer cabinet. It is a super crock pot and will be a great help when I do a formal 6-7 course dinner. I bought a plancha (flat griddle) and I love it. Besides the French toast and hash brown thing, it will double as a French top when I need it. The hood by fornair is fantastic. Really pulls the air up and out with great light. In Italy it is law that there be thermocouples to stop the gas if there is no flame. Why not here in the US? On my range if the flame goes out the gas is shut off. Makes sense no? According to French Ranges this is not available here. I love the range with no qualms at all. I am yet another one who sight unseen spent more money than I should have by far and I am walking away content with my purchase. My favorite thing? The maroon glace. The kitchen just would not have had the same finess without it. Here are two shots of the nearly completed kitchen. It still need some warming up but I'm happy.

IMG_0409

IMG_0407

o

Congratulations! What an amazing space! When is the party?

o

Wow, what a beautiful space, congratulations! It looks like a chapel with that amazing vaulting. Question: do you have a dedicated, buried gas tank for the range? I'm helping my mother remodel her kitchen in Italy and she's currently using small, portable tanks for her range. Just wondering how big your tank is.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here