Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Appliances Connection

Posted by walnutcreek (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 11, 14 at 12:36

Have any of you purchased appliances from Appliances Connection? If so, is their customer service good?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Appliances Connection

In my experience they've been great but I've only ordered from them once with no hassle. They consistently have the lowest prices out of anyone and after you punch in your zip on the product page all of the installation prices are reduced. That link shows you what you'd expect from any online appliance dealer. Appliances are a hard thing to ship and install so things are going to happen. 8/10 lifetime score with over 6,000 reviews is pretty damn good. However, I'm fortunate enough to have built up a relationship with a rep at a local store, Karl's Appliances, and he beats every price they have by about 5% including the tax difference. But if he wasn't so agreeable to accommodating the prices I'd be right back to appliance connection. The beauty of it all is you have to pay by credit card. So even if everything goes south just reverse the charge. My 2 cents. Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Reseller Ratings - Appliance Connection

o

Thanks, kegs. Anyone else?

o

Point of order. Past threads on this topic have revealed that are two different businesses with very similar names.

One is Appliance Connection ("appliance" singular).

The other is Appliances Connection ("appliances" plural).

One is in Gulf Coast states, the other in Brooklyn.

o

Appliancesconection the online retailer based out of Brooklyn is a complete scam. I ordered 4 new appliances, and after waiting a month for shipping, they ALL arrived completely damaged. I was unable to return them and their customer service was rude and even threatened me at one point. I filed a credit card dispute and they falsified documents which caused me to end up loosing the dispute. I eventually ran out of energy and just purchased all new appliances from a local big box retailer. I have $2500 worth of damaged appliances in my garage if anybody is interested. Do not buy from appliancesconnection. Kegs review sounds fake to me. Check out the BBB, over 284 complaints. Read some of them, they all look like the same story, selling used and damaged appliances as new.

o

I've seen a lot of horrible reviews for both Appliance Connection and Appliances Connection. I'd walk away.

o

I bought my Fagor oven there. I learned after I ordered it that it was out of stock and the restocking date was pushed back several times, eventially 2 months or so (that manufacturer, as some of you may know, is financially precarious). They were very pleasant to deal with over the phone though, and also helped me to obtain the rebate that was in effect when I ordered it but had expired when the appliance arrived (I needed to include the serial number to obtain the rebate, which obviously I didn't know until I received the appliance). The manufacturer was giving them the erroneous shipment dates, so the only thing I can fault AC for is showing something as being in stock that really wasn't. They also used an excellent shipping company, and the item arrived in flawless condition.

o

Well, after kegs' glowing recommendation, I placed my order. Did not see the other recommendations until today. According to Appliances Connection the order is on its way and I sure am praying that they items arrive in good, new condition. Please add your prayers with me if you will.

o

What did you end up buying walnutcreek? Are you by any chance in Austin? There's a greenbelt area called walnut creek here! Great hiking!

I hope your appliance/s come when they're supposed to. Let us know how it goes.

Good luck!

o

I do not live in Austin, but would love to live there.

From Appliances Connection I ordered:

Bosch 500 Series 36" Wide Smoothtop Induction Cooktop (than to sjhockey)

Bosch 500 Series 24" Wide Fully Integrated Dishwasher

Bosch DUH 500 Series Under-Cabinet Hood with 400 CFM Internal Blower

Bosch 800 Series 21.8 Cu. Ft. Capacity Standard-Depth French Door Refrigerator

The Bosch appliances are expected to be delivered next Tuesday.

The rest of the new kitchen from various sources is:

Kitchen Aid Stainless Steel Microwave and Kitchen AidConvection Wall Oven installed this past Monday. They look beautiful

The InSinkErator Evolution Excel 1 HP Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal is also installed and it is wonderful.

In addition to the Bosch appliances, awaiting the arrival of:

Houzer Bellus Series Drop In Steel 22.000 33.000 Kitchen Sink in Brushed Satin

Franke Satin Nickel Kitchet Faucet with Pull Down Spray has been received.

This post was edited by walnutcreek on Sat, Aug 30, 14 at 18:44

o

Hi, was looking to order from Appliances Connection and wondered how that delivery for walnutcreek turned out? Hope everything went well with the Bosch appliances!

o

I would be also very interested in the outcome of that order "walnutcreek". I just checked the prices and they were REALLY good with free shipping - wow - too good to be true?

o

All of the appliances except for one were in good order. The cooktop had a gouge in the bottom stainless steel frame. The delivery firm took a picture of the damage and sent it to Appliances Connection (AC). AC contacted me to advise that that panel can be replaced, they can redeliver the cooktop, they will send the replacement frame directly to my home, and schedule a certified technician to replace the panel. I sent AC a message today asking when all of that could be effected and advised that I would like to have it installed this coming Tuesday. I know the date for installation can probably not happen, but no harm in asking.

The people at AC and the delivery company JB Hunt and it's employees have all been a delight to work with.

So, Margo and Tommy, I recommend that you have no fear of ordering from them. My experience has been very good.

My appliances that did arrive safely should have been installed by now; however, the fellow doing the installation fell ill and is now recuperating, so we have rescheduled the intallations for Tuesday. That is why I am hoping AC can have the cooktop situation done by then.

This post was edited by walnutcreek on Fri, Sep 12, 14 at 16:43

o

Thank you walnutcreek. I might try to do what kegs did and talk to my Karl's appliances person if they can match it at least. Now I have to make final decision on the appliances.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here