Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help please with higher end appliances

Posted by geterdun1234 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 13, 13 at 12:16

I work for a small company that renovates and sell homes - typically the homes are very basic (not high end at all) and the appliances purchased are stainless, but very average. However, the home I am working on now is in Weston CT and requires much higher end up appliances including a gas range/ oven and a built in fridge (that will take panels). Since all my prior experience has been with average kitchens I feel a bit overwhelmed. In addition we are looking for higher end appliances that might be more reasonable priced (maybe refurbished, etc as we are budget conscience). Any help or what brands I should focus on, or ideas on where to purchase would be much much appreciated. Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help please with higher end appliances

In that location, with higher end, people will expect Wolf and Subzero. There's not much else that will satisfy that upper end label expectation from someone who doesn't know anything but "names". Everything else that would be cheaper won't pass muster with a high end crowd. They're the "standard". for a reason.

You need at least a 36" range, but a 48" or 60" would be better if the kitchen is large enough to support it. Probably a 42"-48" built in fridge, with stainless or cabinet fronts, fully integrated preferred over built in. Fully integrated DW with the cabinet panel. Ice maker, wine fridge and maybe even a secondary wall oven for a baking area. They are price controlled and you're not going to get deals on them unless they are display models. You only find those by showroom trips.

o

You should ask your realtor what those customers are expecting and what he or she can SELL in your budget.

o

In most high end areas people may want Sub Zero Wolf but they are not willing to pay a premium over other brand built-in fridges and pro-style appliances.

They definitely will demand a discount for standard appliances and cabinetry.

Give us a list of the appliances with width requirement and we can give you a recommendation.

30" 36" 42" or 48" built-in fridge?

30" 36" 48" or 60" range?

Paneled 24" dishwasher?

Any extra luxury appliances? Wine fridge, warming drawer, extra wall oven/speed oven, microwave drawer?

In high end kitchens people expect at least one "extra" .

o

Right now I am looking at a 48" DCS DF double oven range, with a 48" built in fridge and a Miele DW. We also have a butler's kitchen before the main kitchen that will have a wine fridge and sink, along with counter top space and cabinet space on both sides.

o

Those appliances are currently in the kitchen or that is what you are considering buying?

If that is what you may buy how much are they asking for them? What brand 48" fridge. What size wine fridge?

Are you asking for a sink recommendation as well? If so what size and type of sink?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here