Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Why do all the speed oven and micro/conv have such low wattage

Posted by Laura_PA (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 25, 12 at 12:16

On the microwave? Most of them seem to be 900-950. We got so fed up with our old OTR microwave that we bought a countertop Panasonic inverter that is 1300 watts and we love it. The thought of going back to 900 watts makes me sad.

I have been back and forth about what to do. I'd like the advantium but not the GE convection oven, so I was thinking possibly electrolux wall oven with Advantium. Then I was thinking maybe just the electrolux combo oven+speed cook.

But I can't see giving up my 1300 microwave. Should I build a shelf for it? And maybe get regular double ovens? Or still the advantium? I love the idea of having 2 ovens so I don't want to go for just a single wall oven. And I don't want the micro on the counter, but I don't know where I will put it that will still look good. Under the island? (doing a full remodel and haven't ordered cabinets yet).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Why do all the speed oven and micro/conv have such low wattag

I wondered about the same thing before I got the 240V Advantium. But after using it for almost a year now, I think the 950W is enough. One of the things I noticed about the oven is that it has a very good sensor in it. I can just select the reheat plate of food feature, for example, and the MW will just stop on its own. It has been very accurate each time. It does the same for popcorn. There are also some items that required more MW wattage for the browning plate or packaging to work, like frozen burritos, pizzas, pockets, pasty and the like. These items come out better in the speedoven without the browning material. I don't miss the extra wattage.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here