Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
adamz_gw

Suggestion for a gas wall oven?

adamz
10 years ago

Hi,

I'm a first-time poster. We are renovating our apartment and this forum has been immensely helpful. So thank you so for all your thoughts.

I thought I was all set on our appliances until we realized that electricity availability was a bigger constraint that we thought. We are using a Bertazzoni range top and a Miele speed oven, and I was struggling between the Miele and Gaggenau wall ovens and whether to add a Miele steam oven. Alas, no can do.

The big issue is that we only have 100 amps of power going into the apartment. For a host of reasons, we're trying to avoid upgrading the service (it would involve moving our electrical systems in the basement and adding concrete, among other things).

Our electrical engineer has suggested that we use as much gas as we can. The wall oven is the biggest power hog (30-40 amps for the 27' or 30' Gaggenau and Miele models) and the easiest to change.

So can anyone recommend a gas wall oven? I see options from Viking, American Range, Blue Star, and so on. Do any of them self-clean? Should I even care? I've had electric ovens my whole live and I'm not sure I've ever used a self-clean cycle.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Adam

Comment (1)