Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sonny_h

Heart Broken - Need advice

sonny_h
9 years ago

I am a very happy owner of a BlueStar 36" 6 burner Rangetop - Have been using it for about 3 months and love the appliance. I also find the cleaning and maintenance to be super easy (IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING).

Of course, as luck would have it, the MIL decided to clean it one day, and started to scrub the grates. When she took off the grates to scrub them, they rubbed hard against the stainless steel flat surface towards the front of the appliance and left deep scratches across the surface. They are barely noticeable to the touch, but visually they are jarring.

I know.. I know.. I will get used to the awful scratches. I will probably not even notice them after a while. But call me a perfectionist. I want to fix them. Somehow.

Any ideas? Is there a product that you know will work? I have heard of a product called Scratch-B-Gone. Any experience with that? How likely is it that someone inexperienced in stainless scratch removal would be able to do a decent job at it? Or should I call in a professional, If so, how should I find one?

I will post pictures later in this thread, but any help would be HIGHLY appreciated.

Ugh... Ugh ugh ugh.