Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Frigidaire Gallery Refrigerator

Posted by Leonardo4 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 27, 14 at 11:24

I purchased a Frigidaire Gallery Refrigerator back in May. A couple weeks later, the store told me it was on back-order. A couple weeks after that I received a call from a Frigidaire representative stating that due to a fire at one of their supplier's plants, production of my refrigerator was on hold. Three months later, still no fridge. Their customer service dept informed me that they are not privileged to production status information. Is anyone else having problems with a recent Frigidaire purchase?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Frigidaire Gallery Refrigerator

Not surprised. They've also had cartel issues at that factory in Juarez, Mexico. I would buy a different brand. A big reason they are trying to buy GE is they want their french door fridges. What does that tell you about their own fridges?

o

I have a SxS model Frigidaire that is almost 8 years old. Not a minutes trouble so far--knock wood.

o

I've been hearing of the same problems, and also that that's part of why Electrolux/Frigidaire is seeking the GE arrangement, whatever that turns out to be.

o

"I have a SxS model Frigidaire that is almost 8 years old. Not a minutes trouble so far--knock wood."

Not surprised... You probably got one of the last ones made in Greenville, Michigan before the nearly 3000 workers there lost their jobs. Also, I think the majority of the problems have been with the french door models, rather than the side by sides. Plus we can't forget that even with less reliable products, the majority of buyers usually won't have problems or the company would not be in business. Country of origin is coded in the serial number

This post was edited by hvtech42 on Fri, Aug 29, 14 at 14:20

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here