Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scotkight

Zephyr Typhoon cleanup questions

scotkight
11 years ago

I'm replacing a semi improperly installed OTR microwave (2" too low) with an under cabinet mount hood at some point in the future. Basically as soon as the microwave continues its downward slide into not working right. It is pretty close now...

The Zephyr Typhoon looks nice, but the cleaning setup is "unique." Which could be good or bad.

What do you think of it? If you have one, do you wish you had normal grease traps or do you like the clean the fan blade setup?

I've seen a number of references to the hood not being terrible quiet, but it is unclear if that is in reference to full power only or through all power ranges. Considering that this would be sitting around 30" above the range, have significantly higher minimum to maximum cfm and better forward reach than my microwave, I have a feeling a lot of my cooking would continue to be at low to mid power rates with 10-15 minute bursts at full. If it is quiet from low to medium, I would be very happy.

If it matters, run is vertical for 1.5' then goes horizontal for 20' to get outside.

Comments (3)