Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

Miele Double Oven Master Chef Owners, question for you.

beekeeperswife
11 years ago

This is the dumbest question I think I may have ever asked. So dumb, I'm not even putting the question in the title of the thread!

Let's say you have the oven on, how do you make the light go on without opening the door? Because that is the only way I can figure out how to do it!

I'm such a ding dong. Can you help?

Thanks

Bee

Comments (11)

• rococogurl
    11 years ago

There's a general setting for the oven light. Off after one minute or on during use.

It's annoying, I agree. Would be nice to make it do what we want, not what they want.

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Wow. Thanks. I can't believe there really is no "light" button. Sure seems odd in an oven like this. But hey, this is the same oven that I had to go back and buy a $40 grease filter cover for the fan in order to use the rotisserie that came with the oven. So maybe it does make sense....

• rococogurl
    11 years ago

The grease filter cover should come with the oven -- or they should have sent it to you under waranty. Bizarro.

It has its quirks most definitely. Another one is that to lower an oven temperature setting while it's running, the oven must be turned off and turned back on to be reset at the lower temperature.

Additionally, the timer goes to 59 minutes 59 seconds only.

However, auto roast, intensive and the rotisserie are worth the price of admission IMO. Also being able to place food directly on the racks and having the drip pan is such a no-brainer. And the probe is my sous-chef.

• dodge59
    11 years ago

There is a nice "Big Circle" labeled "Oven Light" on the Elux.
    Tap the circle, the oven light comes on, tap it again and it goes off. The light also comes on when you open the oven door.

Temps can be set anywhere, anytime, up down and all around, and it "actually comes to the temp you set it to---we see quite a few posts about a number of Mieles that never get to set temp.

We've seen posts about how much folks love the "Perfect Turkey" probe for the Elux, (Of course the meat probe works for other meats too).

Gary

• rococogurl
    11 years ago

Gary, she's not buying anything. She already owns it. Those of us who have Miele ovens and don't have issues are entitled to like them and say nice things. We are, of course, happy for you that you have pluperfect appliances and paid less. Different strokes.

• daveliv
    11 years ago

On the single oven if you touch the keypad, the oven light goes on without opening the door.

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    11 years ago

thanks Gary. Already am cooking in it. And I do love it.

Daveliv, you might be on to something because it did come on once by accident, maybe that's what I did.....

And yes, I called about the grease filter. They haven't been including them for a few years. Stupid since in the directions it says to insert it.....took me a long time to realize I DID NOT HAVE ONE!

• dodge59
    11 years ago

That was kind of a "psycological Prompt" that I did Bee.
    Knowing how some folks love their Miele ovens, I figured If I post the Elux can do it, then I thought it likely that somebody would say, "And so can the Miele"!

Close enough, You thinks?, You just touch the panel, even I could handle that, I hope you, Rococo girl,and the rest that have the ovens, continue to be served well by them.

Gary

• CarolNYC
    11 years ago

Bee - My husband really likes the Miele double ovens...thinking of ordering one -- sounds like you like yours? I have read many garden web review from people with trouble on temperature. My husband is not deterred.... Not sure how widespread the issues are... Any advice please? Thank you!

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I made sure that mine were given the software update before I bought them. (Supposedly that had something to do with the temperature issue). They were floor models. They called Miele and took care of all of it for me. So far so good.

• CarolNYC
    11 years ago

Thank you so much!