Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cele_gw

water in between the Oven door panels

cele
16 years ago

You can see the water/greese stain inside the glass... DO i make sence? Between the outside and the inside of the oven there is openings on thop of the oven door and greese and water if drips inside the panel its there to stay UNLESS someone here can tell me what to do :(

Its a Kenmore Elite... Thanks :)

Comments (11)

• markw
    16 years ago

Most oven doors are vented like yours. Most can also be disassembled and if somebody in the house is handy, they can remove the oven door, take it apart and clean it. Other than that, you're stuck with paying a service person or handyman to do the same thing, or replacing the door altogether. Any of the options would likely be pricey, so you'd have to decide if it's worth it to you.

• Buehl
    16 years ago

How long have you had it? You might talk to Sears about it and either get a new door from them or replace the oven...

• weissman
    16 years ago

What difference does it make - if it costs anything, just live with it.

• goldenone
    16 years ago

We just finished our appliance shopping and I heard this is fairly common amongst all ovens.

• cele
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Commom and anoying! Its brand new... and pricey it self at $2500.. AUGH

• weissman
    16 years ago

Did you call Sears and see if they'll fix it under warranty?

• tammyct
    16 years ago

We have a 2 year old 36" DF Wolf range and when I turn the light on I see grease drips and I hardly use this oven and when I do, it isn't greasy/smokey meats either. It is just part of owning this type of appliance. Some people get it and some don't. I keep this thing so clean too. I just live with it. Funny though, it comes and goes and seems to clear up when I run the self-clean. I did have the oven glass replaced under warranty for this issue but it came back after I ran the self clean cycle. I asked the Wolf guy and he sees it all the time - just part of owning this type of appliance where you have a vented door. I try not to put the light on too often and stare at it. ;-)

• patches123
    16 years ago

On my Maytag gemeni I had, I once disassembled the oven door front and cleaned the entire thing. Its not for a day where you have a ton to do, as it required removing a lot of pieces (tip use masking tape and number the pieces as you remove them).

• teachersuzanne
    16 years ago

This is what they were replacing old Dacor Classic ovens for in other posts. Call Sears and get them to fix it or get you a new one.

• eamon2
    16 years ago

Cele seems to be reporting that the grease/water dripped through the openings at the top of the oven door. I can't see why Sears would have to repair or replace it if the owner spilled liquid into the door.

Unfortunately this appears to be something that we have to be cautious with - the new ovens that are vented through the door are prone to this. Perhaps the manufacturers will come up with a better design.

A little clarification and correction about teachersuzanne's last post. Dacor replaced my classic oven for excessive condensation between the glass. I never had grease nor did I spill anything that dripped inside. Dacor told me that some condensation between the glass is normal but that it should dissipate during cooking or shortly after. I had large droplets of water and condensation that persisted for 2 days after cooking. The glass pack was replaced but the problem continued. That's when Dacor offered to buy back or replace my ovens.

This didn't happen with every Classic. I purchased mine 2 years ago and and searched these forums before purchasing and I still check in every day to keep current. There was only one other poster here who had their Dacor replaced. As far as I know this was not a common problem.

• hannah_ma
    16 years ago

I had a problem with liquid dripping down the vent holes once when I was cleaning. Got me really mad. I finally took a knitting needle and wrapped a paper towel around it to clean up in between the glass. It worked.