Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vinotemp Wine Cellar: Other Options?

Posted by luvswine (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 16, 13 at 10:12

We were planning on ordering a Vinotemp 600-bottle unit for our basement in the next few weeks. Last night, my husband saw a pretty disturbing post on a wine forum regarding their service. One bad experience wouldn't be so scary, but the litany of other, similar issues linked to it has definitely put us off.

Does anyone know of any other company making such large cellar units that might have better service and reliability? Or does anyone here have any positive Vinotemp experiences to share that counteract the vibe we're now getting regarding Vinotemp?

Here is a link that might be useful: Cellar Tracker Post Regarding Vinotemp

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vinotemp Wine Cellar: Other Options?

Vinotemp is considered bottom of the barrel so-to-speak.

I would read linked article before making decision.

Here is a link that might be useful: LINK

o

We ended up choosing a Eurocave, two, actually, based on the advice of someone we trust who really knows who wine. But here's another very good reason to avoid Vinotemp that was recently brought up on the popular Wine Bersekers forum. Just crazy that any company thinks they can get away with that!

Here is a link that might be useful: Vinotemp Imposes Horrible Anti-Consumer Non-Disparagement Clause

o

Eurocave is great, but you'll want a bunch of extra shelves if you want to be able to access the bottles.

I had 2 700btl Vinotheque's about 15 years ago. Nice real-hardwood units. Expensive. No blower. They operate like a fridge.

La Cache has an excellent rep as well.

-mark

o

I've heard that U-Line makes very good wine fridges, as well. This is the manufacturer I'm looking at.

o

I thought it curious how luvswine just disappeared.

Good to know you made a good choice.

Uline makes undercounter wine fridges.

A bit loud but ok in their prices class.

They don't make the large cellar units OP was looking at.

o

We had a 60 bottle vinotemp that lasted about 3 years and then died. Too expensive to fix. We moved 3 times with it so perhaps it couldn't take the moves or maybe it was just poor quality. The reviews we saw weren't that good. Can't say we'd give it a stellar review.

The house we bought last year came with a vinotemp wine fridge (~60 bottle) and it's about 2 years old and so far so good. However, we only use it to keep our wine at temp when preparing a meal after we've decanted it. We store all our wine in our basement which has a relatively constant cool temp throughout the year here in the Pacific Northwest. Before we'd buy a fridge we'd build a cellar.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here