Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

Convert subzero framed to overlay

Posted by paarlberg (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 15, 13 at 9:50

I have a 601F and 601R that I just bought (new with full warranty, were in a showroom display). I want to convert them to overlay so I can make them look like an old ice box. I contacted the SZ parts distributor and can get the following part to convert the handle side to overlay.

sz part # 4132330 overlay handle side

It appears from the parts manual that the rest of the door uses the same parts, except for the handle side.

Has anyone done this? Will it work? The parts are about $100 each.

Follow-Up Postings:

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here