Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NXR ranges: questions for owners on stuff not in manual

Posted by JWVideo (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 24, 12 at 9:19

Because I cannot see an NXR in person and didn't find answers in the NXR manual, I've got a few questions for you NXR owners.

1. Removing the oven door (for moving, cleaning inside the oven, etc.): am I correct that the oven door slides up and off the hinges as oven doors do on most stoves?

2. How hard is it to move the stove for cleaning underneath it? I ask about moving the stove because my kitchen is such that the stove has to sit at the end of a run of counters, so stuff can get under it. The stove weighs something like 310 pounds and it sits on legs, not casters. (Same thing with my current stove but it weighs less than 200 pounds.) I see that some of you (Nunya, Stacyneil, PaintedPeggies) have the stove inserted tightly between base cabinets. Do you move it to clean under it? Can you get a vacuum cleaner wand underneath the kick-panel?

3. When bringing the oven to temperature or preheating, does the oven run both broiler and bake burners or does it run only the bake element?

4. Page 12 of the manual mentions both "convection bake" and "convection roast." Are these really different settings or is the manual simply talking about running the convection fan with the lower heating element to "bake" things like breads and "roast" things like meats? On my recently deceased stove, "convection roasting" meant that oven ran the convection fan with the upper oven element on and you could set the temperature to whatever you wanted. With the NXR, ass far as I can tell, you would turn the oven knob all the way around to the broil setting (which fires up the upper oven burner and presumably switches off the lower element), then slot a burner rack low in the oven, turn on the fan and, when the oven heats up, put in whatever you want to roast or convection broil. Is that correct?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NXR ranges: questions for owners on stuff not in manual

SacyNeil's photo of her installed NXR appears to answer my question about having enough space under the kick-panel to get a vacuum-cleaner wand under it.

Here is a link that might be useful: NXR Range Review

o

1. Yes there are 2 little latches that you pull towards you which unlocks the door hinges, you then just pull out and up.

2. All I can say is moving it IN was a chore, but sliding it into place was the easiest part. We used lambs wool sliders, just lift up one side about 1/2" and slide it under the legs and it will slide across your floor rather easily.
I personally don't even think about cleaning under my stove, to me that is the land that time forgot that is only seen maybe twice in a lifetime.

3. It only runs the bake "Burner" which is around 22,000 BTU and most of the heat goes to the top of the oven anyway. then you turn on the Convection fan and it moves that heated air around evenly.
The broiler is only the broiler.

4. The convection fan will NOT turn on with the broiler on.
Basically what they mean with "Convection roast" is simply that you use the "broiler pan" or similar very low sided pan so that the heated air can circulate all around the meat top to bottom.
The "Convection Dehydrate" btw works rather nicely to make your own Sun Dried Tomatoes.

o

Thanks, Nunya.

I was anticipating a major chore to move the stove into the house. I just ordered mine from Costco. Delivery is only to the curb or garage. I've recruited the use of an appliance dolly with several burly friends. We only have to go forty feet of flat cement walkway from the garage to the back porch and then up three steps. Piece of cake compared to the maze of stairs, landings and porches you had to navigate!

Good idea about the sliders, too. (Slaps forehead thinking "I did that with my fridge, why didn't I think about that for the stove?")

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here