Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jwvideo

NXR ranges: questions for owners on stuff not in manual

jwvideo
11 years ago

Because I cannot see an NXR in person and didn't find answers in the NXR manual, I've got a few questions for you NXR owners.

1. Removing the oven door (for moving, cleaning inside the oven, etc.): am I correct that the oven door slides up and off the hinges as oven doors do on most stoves?

2. How hard is it to move the stove for cleaning underneath it? I ask about moving the stove because my kitchen is such that the stove has to sit at the end of a run of counters, so stuff can get under it. The stove weighs something like 310 pounds and it sits on legs, not casters. (Same thing with my current stove but it weighs less than 200 pounds.) I see that some of you (Nunya, Stacyneil, PaintedPeggies) have the stove inserted tightly between base cabinets. Do you move it to clean under it? Can you get a vacuum cleaner wand underneath the kick-panel?

3. When bringing the oven to temperature or preheating, does the oven run both broiler and bake burners or does it run only the bake element?

4. Page 12 of the manual mentions both "convection bake" and "convection roast." Are these really different settings or is the manual simply talking about running the convection fan with the lower heating element to "bake" things like breads and "roast" things like meats? On my recently deceased stove, "convection roasting" meant that oven ran the convection fan with the upper oven element on and you could set the temperature to whatever you wanted. With the NXR, ass far as I can tell, you would turn the oven knob all the way around to the broil setting (which fires up the upper oven burner and presumably switches off the lower element), then slot a burner rack low in the oven, turn on the fan and, when the oven heats up, put in whatever you want to roast or convection broil. Is that correct?

Comments (3)