Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Water in filter of Bosch DW, and 60min cycle question

Posted by jellyben (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 15, 14 at 9:15

Hi all, just had our new Bosch installed on Wednesday. I've noticed after running it there is an inch or so of water left in the filter. Is this normal? I suspect it is because it isn't mentioned in the troubleshooting guide, but wanted to check it out here.

Also, does anyone use the 60min speed cycle for regular washing? The first time we used the normal setting which takes 2h15m. Last night I used the 60min cycle and it seemed to clean just as well! (Maybe because I rinse the dishes too much before loading?) Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Water in filter of Bosch DW, and 60min cycle question

Stop prerinsing. It isn't good for the dishwasher, your dishes, or your water usage. Let the DW do its job or hand wash. Just scrape off excessive soil and then load. Try the 60 min cycle WITHOUT pre rinsing and see how it does. If you're happy with the performance... no reason to stop using it!

o

Ok, I will just have to ignore the voice of my mom in my head reminding me to rinse the dishes!
And feedback on the water in the filter? Thanks

o

ALL dishwashers (and washing machines) leave some residual water in the pump/filter/bottom-of-the-tub area. It's not possible to pump out 100%. Whether and how much of it the consumer sees it depends on the design of the machine involved.

o

My Bosch dishwasher (about 1 year old) has a small amount of water in the bottom of the filter which I can only see by removing the filter unit and sticking my head into the dishwasher.

No, I do not often stick my head into my dishwasher, but I found out that not rinsing the dishes before loading for several months can lead to a blockage and error message in the middle of the cycle (e24, in my case) and I had to bail out the water with a sponge, clean out the filter and check the pump for blockage. <--- you tube video that shows you how to do this is very useful if it ever happens to you.

I still don't rinse the dishes but I remove the filter unit once or twice a week to rinse it off and this seems to keep the machine happy. Enjoy your dishwasher, I LOVE mine and don't consider cleaning out the filter a big deal.

o

I still don't rinse the dishes but I remove the filter unit once or twice a week to rinse it off and this seems to keep the machine happy

Its weird that you have to do that. I've had a Bosch dishwasher in use for 8 months now. We scrape but don't rinse (much). I took the filter out for the first time the other day and there was nothing in it!

o

Thanks for the feedback. LAVAdesign my DH came up to me last night and asked why my head was in the dishwasher! Just like to know that everything is running as it should be!

o

Water in the filter area of European dishwashers is normal.

That area is called the sump, and it's intended to have water in it so you don't get air lock when the pump spools up.

Think about it like your car's oil pan. That's where the stuff goes til it's ready to be pumped.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here