Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bosch dishwasher panel

Posted by newskilz (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 21, 12 at 8:50

Is it possible to apply a front panel to a a BOSCH ASCENTA #SHX3AR72UC. This has a flat front with a bar handle across. I know there are panel ready Bosch's but I am not sure I need to get these more expensive models. I keep seeing on GW postings of peoples displeasure of the 500 series but are all Bosch 500 series the same? I know everyone also seems to love the 800+ series but I'm not in that budget for a DW.

Please help. This is the last appliance we need to buy. Doing an entire remodel is overwhelming and all encompassing. As many of you know.

Thanks Again.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bosch dishwasher panel

The problem with attaching a door panel to a dishwasher that is not designed as a panel ready unit is the door spring rates are not designed to handle a different weight door. The issues I've seen when people have done this is doors that drop too hard and fast if the door is too heavy leading to damaged hinges or a door that won't stay down if the door is too light

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here