Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do you love your refrigerator?

Posted by uther (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 8, 13 at 8:32

I'm shopping for a new fridge and was hoping to hear from someone who is really happy with their purchase.

My criteria are:

Cabinet depth
French doors, freezer on bottom
Price point around $2k
We are a family of 4
Dimensions are flexible because we are building

Please let me know if you have a suggestion for me! Thanks so much

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do you love your refrigerator?

We've had a Samsung CD/FD since October 2010.
Love it!

o

got kitchenaid KFCS22evms last year (Dec'12). no problems so far. very functional. SS needs cleaning but newer models apparently have this coating that is resistant to fingerprints.

o

I love my elux - might be a little high for your budget - but the glides are so nice and the LED lights are so fun.

o

Thank you all very much, those are some of the brands I have been seriously considering.

o

uther - I was not planning on spending as much for my fridge but the money that I saved over the past 3-4 years has made up the difference in cost.
When my DD passed away - I left in a hurry - I didn't clean out the fridge - I returned 2+ weeks later dreading what I would find.
Surprise - the milk was still good. The lettuce was still good, etc.
I love the glides on the drawers and the freezer has its own temp control - ice cream stays frozen solid!!
The model that I have - has the perfect temp drawer - I can stick ice cream from the freezer in it during dinner and have it at serving temp after dinner - plus more!
The key features that I wanted - I wanted the FD but wanted to make sure the model had a "flapper" vs a gasket closure.
I also took my large trays to the store and the Elux (and probably its mates) were the only ones that fit my trays..
I got mine on "sale" - it was a cash back reward credit card and actually upgraded to the next model because of the sale (the one with the LED lights - I smile everytime I open the fridge)

So, I figure that less lost food over the 4 years was worth the investment up front.

Have fun shopping - Labor day is always a good sale time - mine was over the 4th years ago.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here